Playing burned Sega CD games

Do you need to do anything special to play burned Sega CD games? As soon as I have enough money I'm going to buy a new Sega CD, mine broke years ago. I haven't had any chances to try burned games, so I don't know.

No. You just need a working SegaCD.

Obviously, a computer with a CDburner and blank CDs.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@Apr 29, 2003 @ 04:36 AM

No. You just need a working SegaCD.

Obviously, a computer with a CDburner and blank CDs.
wink.gif

Nothing is needed however certain models tend to work better with burns. From my experience the model 2 is the easiest to work with and the cdx is the toughest.

Having isos that match the region of your Sega CD helps as well.

The software conversion tool SCDconv can be a bit hit and miss.

ya some games will not convert, i seem to recall Smurfs being such a game but im not positive

Thanks for all the replys, I can't wait to get a Sega CD now. Being able to sit on the couch away from the screen is so much better then emulation.

Two questions.

Must it be burned at 4 speed because I have 48 speed and it is gonna be pretty laggish if you know what I mean.

And do you just put the all the files right from .rar file onto the disk or is there another procedure?

Oh by the way belloto I already have Sega CD!
laugh.gif

Spartikcus, different people get different results burning at high speed.

It works fine for some, but produces dodgy discs for others. The general consensus is that 4 speed is a good compromise.

For help with burning CDs, try reading a few of the guides here.

Urggg, I have wasted 10 cdr's,,,Can someone lead me in the direction of putting a sega cd game onto cdr so that it will work in my CDX....please help....

Explain your burning process. What apps are you using? Are you changing country codes? Where is it going wrong?

I have heard, that you should be weary of using copies, because "certain

types" of disks, make the cd laser "work harder" and can cause it to burn out faster? This is just something, I had heard, I also play copies on my sega cd, and its been fine, but I am worried, about down the road..

Originally posted by Spartikcus@May 1, 2003 @ 01:21 AM

And do you just put the all the files right from .rar file onto the disk or is there another procedure?

No console game can be burned by dragging the files onto the CD. They are not PC games.

Inside those rar files you'll find what they call "CD images", that is, a binary dump of the CD's data. You need to feed your burning app with that image so it can re-build the CD's structure.

So, head towards the burning guides and give them a read on the procedure.

Hi,

the first time i burned a sega cd game (sonic beta, try to avoid beta, and get real thing) i screwed up a lot of cd's. You have to burn the "image" and the mp3's at the same time. A good program to do that is easy cd.

For an easy 5 step guide check out my new site:

:thumbs-up: sega.s5.com

"groetjes" from the Netherlands,

JNB

Back