playing ripped isos on the GiriGiri emu -_-

Well I have the BIN and CUE Files of Shining Wisdom.

Ok, I go to GiriGiri, then use gloader and it creates the toc.bin file and I start to play.

Good the emu detects the CD..

However when I burn those CUE and BIN files into a CD/RW (have used Nero and Fireburner) and go to rip the cd using CDRWin. Fine it extract the bin and cue file to the emulator folder.

But when I end creating the toc.bin file with this new ripped version and start to play it appears that menu (the one that indicated that there was no CD in the saturn).

So when I don´t burn to a CD, it loads the image but when I burn into a CD and rip it again to create the cue and bin file, it doesn´t load o_O

Any thoughts on this?

And I bet when you rip your cd you are turning RAW off...which of course means the emu can't play the game. God I wish people would just shut up about this damn emu. I wish Gav never went to the trouble of hacking it.

Thanks to him for helping a Saturn community
wink.gif

And I have tried with RAW Off and On several times... <_<

There would be other people who´d say:

God it would be great if this page would be the way it was in 2000 again.

Time goes on. Things change. But if you stay patient enough the annoying things will go away again.

Originally posted by Jack@Apr 17, 2003 @ 04:47 PM

There would be other people who´d say:

God it would be great if this page would be the way it was in 2000 again.

Time goes on. Things change. But if you stay patient enough the annoying things will go away again.

Difference is, in 2000 you needed a saturn to play these games. In 2000, you knew that those leechers were at least playing the game on an actual system.

Now, with the whole emulator garbage, anyone and everyone who heard "Hey, Radiant Silvergun is the greatest shooter ever!" or "Final Fantasy is good, but I thought Shining Force on the Saturn was better" or something along those lines are hammering every and all sites with these games, or even mentions having something to do with burning/ripping/emulating.

This place, much like other places, is becoming an unofficial forum for this emulator. And as the news spreads, it'll get worse. 2000 was when I first got here, and it was great. But unlike 2K, it won't end, at least, not for a long long while.

What's REALLY tragic about all this is that the emulator was designed to make a profit. This isn't ePSXe - this isn't open source. 'Die hard sega fans' are ripping off the company that they profess to love. Look at it any way you want, but the emulator itself was designed to make money for Sega. And if it's being hacked as much as it is, you can expect that Sega will pull the plug on it sooner than later.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Apr 21, 2003 @ 02:37 PM

What's REALLY tragic about all this is that the emulator was designed to make a profit.

This is what was upsetting to me about the bleemcast hack or beta, whatever it is. It's disgusting.

Back