Playstation emulator-z

Has anyone ever used these things? It's a plugin for the back of the PSX that allows you to play Gameboy, GameGear Master System, and PCEngine games. Loads the roms off a CD and plays em. I was wondering how the performance and support was for the PCEngine roms, and if there's a better solution (I.E. a dreamcast emu for PCEngine, altho I don't think there is one.)

I've heard that Emulator Z isn't that great, and I suspect that they're really just using emu code written by other people (IIRC there was at least one instance of the string "asterGear" in the original Emulator Z ROM). Bero's emulators alone would cover 3 of the 4 supported systems, and the Gameboy emu was probably ripped from Datel's Gameboy emu cart...

aside from there being no sound and it running at 4.3fps , its pretty much perfect emulation... LOL

He's right, it isn't that great.... the only thing the EmulatorZ is good for is being used as an import swap method....

Originally posted by Xai@May 13 2002,00:58

Has anyone ever used these things? It's a plugin for the back of the PSX that allows you to play Gameboy, GameGear Master System, and PCEngine games. Loads the roms off a CD and plays em. I was wondering how the performance and support was for the PCEngine roms, and if there's a better solution (I.E. a dreamcast emu for PCEngine, altho I don't think there is one.)

There is a dc emu for tg16. It's called darkdc. It runs all games but runs them slowly. It's still in developement but if you do a google you should find it.

As far as I know, all of the cart based emulators for CD systems like PSX/SS all sucked. The only ones which performed 100% Perfectly were the ones with actual hardware inside (Eg, NES on a chip, Genesis on a Chip). The rest that were software based all were pretty poor.

Originally posted by falstaff+June 22 2002,15:37--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(falstaff @ June 22 2002,15:37)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Xai@May 13 2002,00:58

There is a dc emu for tg16. It's called darkdc. It runs all games but runs them slowly. It's still in developement but if you do a google you should find it.[/b][/quote]

Nah, DarcDC isn't in development anymore... i think ss_teven, the author, has stopped working on the DC altogether now
sad.gif

Tried it a few time and the games I tried didn't work very well or not at all. Actually the NES and GG emulators for the DC are pretty good.

Playstation emu has gotten alot better these past 2 years. Dont get me wrong the orginal hardware is still best cause it graunatees what ever PSX disc you do in it will run. Commercial emus like Bleem and VGS, more or less its dead, And of course runs like crap. The emu I recommend is EPSXE, perhaps the best psx emu out there; and its freeware.

Snatch yourself a copy here:

http://www.epsxe.com/

As for plugins use you can use them with this program as well as plugins made from other PSX emulators! But bare in mind messing with plugins will cause you more aches like limiting your games playiblity and the emulators compatibility. For no frills, easy to use, and powerful plugins I would strongly recommend PETE's Plugins.

Check out Pete's Homepage Here:

http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/#...0Windows%20GPUs

Quite a mouthful wasn't it??

Well when you see you favorite, 3d based PSX in full OpenGL glory. It well worth the trouble.

Back