Playstationmodchip.com

Cloud121

Established Member
are they reliable in purchasing a mod-chip? it says it's only $20. is it a good buy? are they pre-soldered like the ones you can get from playthegames.com?

(Edited by Cloud121 at 3:13 pm on Oct. 24, 2001)

For playing burned games, what else? I need to get a ps and a modchip myself, seeing as how I finnaly got a copy of thrill kill for it, burned of course.

Oh, now you mention Saturn mod-chips.
lol.gif

Hey, does the Swap trick work on Playstations as well as saturns? It would make it easyer for me then to buy a chip (well not easyer actualy, but obviously cheaper aka free).

You can swap with play station but its harder to do IMO, on mine, model 9000, you have to swap like 4 times just right for it to work. best get a modchip

unlike the saturn swap, the PSX swap does damage the drive. the PSX's drive simply keeps spinning at full force, burning out the motor in time when you rip out and replace the disk. the saturn's drive stops when it's slowed down manually, preventing damage. back when swapping on psx was still very popular, there were thousands of people whining on the net that their psx drive isn't working anymore.

Quote: from Arakon on 8:27 am on Oct. 25, 2001

unlike the saturn swap, the PSX swap does damage the drive. the PSX's drive simply keeps spinning at full force, burning out the motor in time when you rip out and replace the disk. the saturn's drive stops when it's slowed down manually, preventing damage. back when swapping on psx was still very popular, there were thousands of people whining on the net that their psx drive isn't working anymore.

God bless the foresight of sega, eh? :biggrin:

Depends what kind of swap you are doing...

I have one of the original playstations....just turn on the PS and go to the CD Palyer Screen...then put in an american original game...then insert the spring...it will read the american disc and will stop spinning on its ow...then put in the import or burn game and then close the CD Door with the spring still inside....then exit the CD Player Screen...it should go to the game after the PSX Logo appears....however, with multidisc games....its like Arakon said...the motor spins at full force...

hm.. dunno about saturn mod chips.. but for those interested in a psx mod, I'd suggest modchip.com, I got mine from there.. nice, affordable shipping, and fast :)

look, I want to know whether or not they (Saturn mod-chips) come pre-soldered or not. Yes, I also remember someone ordering one from there also.

uhm.. you wanna tell me that you aren't ordering because you are too lazy to solder 1/2 wires to huge solder spots on the modchip pcb?

Quote: from Arakon on 4:13 pm on Oct. 29, 2001

uhm.. you wanna tell me that you aren't ordering because you are too lazy to solder 1/2 wires to huge solder spots on the modchip pcb?

I've never soldered in my life. I'll get my dad to help me with the soldering (although he'll be reluctant to help me, afterall, even after a year, he's still kinda disappointed at me for buying my Saturn, claiming it to be a "dead" system). and I also want to save some money (I want to get a Stunner from Ice also)

Sounds like your dad is one of those guys who says if the don't make games for the system anymore, it must not be any good, eh?

Back