Please update your email addresses.

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Everyone please update your email addresses in the forums, as when the forums are switched we will need this to reset your passwords.

oh hoh hoh, im not worried about that, I'd only like to take a quick peek at the legacy_password field of the members sql table where id = '5389', provided the field is not empty which i suspect it is.

Yeah, it will be backed up. I actually have an idea on how to work this better, but I want to see if it works before saying anything about it.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Thrash@Sun, 2006-02-12 @ 02:43 PM

If our e-mail address is current, do we still have to perform the update? Or is this only to check that the e-mail you registered with is still valid?

[post=144330]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd imagine that the forum we upgrade to stores passwords in a different kind of encryption and is incompatible with the way of storing passes that this version of ibp uses, so the passwords have to be nuked and reentered.

G. Borisz pretty much has it right, you can't decrypt ipb2 passwords so updated emails allow you to have them reset in the new boards. If it is already up to date, no worries. I made a hack for phpbb2 on tendoweb that got around the problem, although it isn't quite as easy with vbulletin and I just don't have the time to make something like that again.

Back