Poll: Hey, whats your favorite PC game.

Shitface

Established Member
My alltime favorite PC game has to be Trespasser. If you havn't played it before, its a first person shooter, well sorta that takes place on site B from Jurassic Park. It plays more like action first person. You can pic up and us almost anything and do whatever you like with it. You could try to kill the dinosaurs by throwing stones at them, which doesn't work. Many people don't like it however, but i think it has the best replay value ever. I would go to the abandon towns, pic out a house and collect everything in the game and bring it to my house to decorate. And When i came accross a Raptor, i would kill it and roll it to my house and put it in the pool in my backyard. It was sort of like a big fish tank, but with raptor bodies. Hours and hours of mindless fun. Makes me want to play in now. Whats your favorite PC game.

hard to pick, sam n max comes to mind, and monkey islands, tho for replay i'm not sure, maybe half life, or starcraft

dude! sam and max rule! Have you ever played day of the tentacle? I hope sam and max 2 is just as sweet.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

With Starcraft in a very close second.
wink.gif

In order:

Doom (Knee Deep In The Dead mainly...

Wolfenstein (Doom and Wolfenstein switch places a lot though)

StarCraft

Quake II

Command Conquer: Red Alert/Counter Strike/Aftermath

Other than Red Alert, these are all on Mac, so they are all I need. I'm a console guy anyway. I can't stand computer games. Simply because, you always need to make sure your PC/Mac is fast enough. With consoles, you just need to pop in the game and play. Not that I need to worry about that anyway. My crap Windows machine can run all those in their full glory (example: 3D Accelerated Q2). The only one my Mac can't run is Quake II, I played that to death months ago (single-player), so not a problem.

You people and your perpetual FPS games.
tongue.gif

Tomb Raider.

That's my bitch. (No, not Lara. The games. Geez.)

Third person all the way, baby.
smile.gif
Explore the unknown and solve puzzles and mysteries... Aahhh, that's my game. I will always love TR.

Oh, and all the Monkey Islands, too, although I much prefer the Amiga versions, at least of Monkey I and II, that is (great music and sort of less chunky graphics).
smile.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@May 29, 2003 @ 11:12 AM

tongue.gif

Tomb Raider.

That's my bitch. (No, not Lara. The games. Geez.)

I enjoyed tombraider up to number 3. After that, the series seemed to just drag on for me. Hopefully the new tombraider will revive the series.

wing commander series

command and conqers

original dune

civilization

conan the cimerian

leasure suit lary

starcontrol 2

x-wing

zac mcraken

many great games btu i gues if i had to pick one - wingcomander 2

Originally posted by Taelon@May 30, 2003 @ 12:12 AM

tongue.gif

There's probably a reason for that.. Control-wise playing a FPS on a PC is far more pleasurable than playing pretty much any other type of game, unless you've got a specialized controller.

what? i dont think there was ever a problem with controlers for pc -- i think pc had and has a better selection -- for a very long time you had keyboard, mouse , joystick, control pad - throtles- wheels etc. and today you can even use current console controlers as well

but as for FPS i agree on pc its better -- im more comforable playing fps with a keyboard

Originally posted by googlefest1@May 30, 2003 @ 01:09 AM

what? i dont think there was ever a problem with controlers for pc -- i think pc had and has a better selection -- for a very long time you had keyboard, mouse , joystick, control pad - throtles- wheels etc. and today you can even use current console controlers as well

but as for FPS i agree on pc its better -- im more comforable playing fps with a keyboard

Yeah, but pads were always pretty problematic (ie crap) on PCs. It's better now you can use console controllers via adapters.

Back