Popup killers

Has anyone used any of these popup killers? I hate the growing trend of popup advertisements that I have to close when I visit just about every page. Yes, I know the important economic role they play for web masters, but I don't give a hoot ;) Anyone have any suggestions? What works, what doesn't etc?

I've been a lazy bastard in this regard, so the only thing I've tried is Mozilla's ablility to disable them, which works great. I'm sure there's some other stuff out there, maybe check Tucows?

Oh yeah, there's a bunch of them, but I thought I'd ask if anyone here actually used any of them. Does NS 6.2 support that? I know it's built on Mozilla but I'm not sure if it carried over. If it has I've never seen the option anywhere.

I've been using PopUpCop lately... Sits in the IE taskbar and easy to customize.. ie; turn on/off, change its level with the lil slider.. by far the best and least intrusive pop up blocker I've tried.. Seems a lil more advanced than all the VB coded 'watch the task list and sendkeys(ALT+F4)' tripe..

http://www.panicware.com

Check out their free "Pop-Up Stopper" program.

It was "reccommended" by a pissed off visitor after I put a script on the main page of my site to start unending pop-ups on the screen of any visitor who came from somethingawful.com.

i've tried a few popup killers and the best one that i found is meaya's popup ad filter, by far.

check it out, you can get it at meaya.com..

Back