Post Your Saturn Mod Chip Finds

Why do all the new mod chips require soldering to the board?

The one I have requires no soldering at all (It's from 4 or 5 years ago). It had a single wire which went to the power with a connector.

I haven't seen a good pic of the old chips in a while, but considering that the "A+B method" works much of the time my guess is one or more of:

1) A new model came out that broke compatibility with the original clocking method

2) It's cheaper that way

We've had this discussion before, but the "solderless" method I've heard of before goes like this:

You perform the A+B method and then you just wedge the powe cable in place.

So you don't solder anywhere other than the little spot on the chip itself.

Hey Everyone,

Haven't posted here in a while so I had to create a new account, but I actively sell Saturn modchips on AssemblerGames.com. The first and second wave has sold out and due to popular demand I'll be getting restock in soon. Considering how popular these are, I'll probably be keeping these in stock indefinitely to reduce wait times.

Second wave thread:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32406&highlight=saturn+modchip

Third wave interest thread:

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35004

Unlike most sellers, my chips are self-contained and only require power to run (No timing wire required). My pricing also reflects the lowest chip prices on the Internet at $14.99 + shipping (packed in boxes with bubble wrap). If you find a store selling cheaper, I will of course undercut by as much as necessary as I'm pretty confident that it would be impossible to beat me on price.

I'm pretty well known on AssemblerGames.com and Famicomworld.com, but you don't have to take my word for it. You can simply view my feedback threads to see. However, I've only just started asking for feedback from people on AssemblerGames as I never really cared before. So it's a lot lighter than on Famicomworld.

Cheers!

EDIT: While I tend to keep low quantities on hand, I can supply upwards of 250 to 300 chips at any given time. If your a store looking for restock, I'm happy to supply in bulk! (Subject to availability of course)

Back