Power Base on Genesis 1 Need Help

Hey, I just bought a Powerbase Converter off Ebay along with 4 US titles(Choplifter, Afterburner, Spaceharrier, Hang-On/AstroBurner) and 3 Euro titles.(Sonic 1,2, and Streets of Rage) Ok, I plugged the PBC into the Genesis 1 and turned it on; the game plays for about 15 seconds, then either freezes or glitches to the point of being unplayable. I tried cleaning it. No use at all! For every game!

The thing is that I cant tell if the PBC is at fault, or is it some sort of weird glitch(I got the Genesis that came with Sonic 1 and get Sonic 2 in the mail) I know certain games cant play on that version of the system.

Also, what is the screw hole in the back for?

Thanks

The thing is that I cant tell if the PBC is at fault, or is it some sort of weird glitch(I got the Genesis that came with Sonic 1 and get Sonic 2 in the mail) I know certain games cant play on that version of the system.

If the PBC isn't at fault, the Genesis is. If the Genesis is at fault, you'll almost certainly see problems with Genesis games. If you don't, it's either a problem with the PBC or with the quality of the connection between the Genesis and PBC (this is the most likely cause). It's possible that your cart slot is a little worn and the PBC just isn't quite making a reliable contact

Also, what is the screw hole in the back for?

To screw it into the Genesis so that it won't shift around and cause lockups...

hey check this out. Ok, the PB converter didnt work on my Genesis 1 model(that came with Sonic 1) anyway, I tried it on my friends whos Genesis was the original model that came with Altered Beast. Worked 100%.

the next day, out of curiousity, I tried to play the PC Converter in my Genesis CDX( I had the power cord twisted a tad, but no biggie) actually, it worked 100% as well.

Weird story huh?

Good to know that it works on the CDX; I don't think I've seen too much saying that it does actually have M3 mode. Anyway, this should not be a hardware compatibility issue - something's probably flaky about the affected Genesis's cart slot.

Back