Prepare to drool..

As reported by spong yesterday the little blue hedhog is back from a new generation! This is a serious looking adventure game and sega has really had great sucess with launching new sonic titles. Hopefully this can put sega back into the hardware market as rumored.

Here are some linked screens.

sonic01.jpg

sonic02.jpg

sonic03.jpg

sonic04.jpg

Those arent concept art.. that is 100% in game graphics.. and now i am definately purchasing xbox 360. :eek:wned

Sorry, but those are obviously cutscene graphics, not 'ingame'. I don't know why everyone gets so hyped up by those, because they're really not indicative of what the actual game looks like. Same with the VF5 movie. Still, these do look nice (although I dunno about Sonic's 'lanky' look). Here's hoping the gameplay is good.

These shots could be in-game. Even if the next-gen systems aren't anywhere near the "ten times as powerful" mark, I still think anything more powerful than the current Xbox could handle something like this.

'In-game' to me means actual gameplay shots. I'm not saying that the images aren't rendered in realtime, but with cutscenes you can set up and optimize the scene in ways that are simply impossible to do during real gameplay. Anyway, what's up with all these humanoid robots in Sonic games lately? I'd rather have some real badniks.

Looks awesome!!

I perosnally enjoyed Sonic Adventure nearly as much as the originals. Can't wait to see more from this upcoming game. So I assume its going to be released on the Xbox360?

As for Sega re-entering hardware biz... seems unlikely to me.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Fri, 2005-09-09 @ 11:01 PM

if the hardware market was difficult with 3 systems.... I can't imagine 4 working at all.

[post=139451]Quoted post[/post]​

We had 7 once. Can't say it worked, but gaming sure was more interesting then.

Sega, Nintendo, Neo-Geo, PC-Engine/TG, Jaguar, 3DO, Phillips.

That may be true, but a vast majority of the people who owned video games had either a sega or a nintendo or both. The other systems were nowhere near as popular.

My first sega system was the saturn. My first non nintendo system was the psx (my second was the saturn).

In some ways I'm not as big of a sega fan as I could be, having only ever owned a couple saturns and a couple dreamcasts.

I love sonic games though =D

I just wish sega would make a new console. A console that would both beat the xbox and ps3. Sega made such great consoles, I don't know why they quit. I still buy there products when i find/see them.

I wonder if sega will make a remake of sonic cd for xbox or ps3 or even ps2 anytime soon...

this new console could be called the...um sega menacer...

Back