Problem with PAR

vbt

Staff member
I've received my PAR

ActionReplay.gif

I have a small problem, the cable given with the commcard doesn't fit correctly into the connector of my PAR. So what is the best thing to do?

I can extract the connector from the cable (it's really easy) but it will be out of order quickly.

Also I have a cable from my previous scanner which fits perfectly but I don't know it the Commcard cable is a standard parralel cable.

Can someone give me hints to solve this problem, I'm pretty sure that other people had the same problem as me.

Originally posted by vbt@Sep 23, 2003 @ 12:01 AM

Also I have a cable from my previous scanner which fits perfectly but I don't know it the Commcard cable is a standard parralel cable.

It is.

Thanks for your small but precious answer, It works with my old scanner parallel cable :)

I've wanted a comm links card for a while now, but none of the pc's I own have an isa slot... and it's not worth building an old school pc just for the card.

Lots of places are giving away or throwing out even Pentiums nowadays. It doesn't even have to be powerful enough for a comfortable programming environment as you can just chuck in a network card and push over the binaries.

Well it's not just the work associated with building the pc, it's also the storage space for the pc. Space is a real issue for me lol.

True, I think the best option here would be getting a "slim"/pizzabox-style case and running Linux in headless mode (however many of those computers used specialized components which makes running Linux a lot harder). I've been thinking about this myself as I'd like to swap my current Abit mobo for something which isn't expected to corrupt HDs or blow capacitors, but this would also mean losing the ISA slot.

You must be the most easily amused person on this planet.

It's more like there's nothing I can do about it, so why be bitter? It's a lot easier going through life being happy then angry.

weird, i been running an abit motherboard for 2 years now and have had no problems with it. it replaced the via mb that produced unstable core voltages and had a large part in causing me the gray hairs that are now popping up on my head (the camaro i owned when i was younger was pr'lly the other prime cause)

ABIT

made very well in taiwan

wow, that's interesting... cause I've built 5 or 6 pc's with abit motherboards with no problems at all. I think I may even be running the kt7, cna't remember off the top of my head.

In any case, shouldn't this thread be locked or something, since the problem has been addressed, and it's drifted so far off track? ^_^;

i got a ktza, what i'm running right now. guess i got lucky cause once again. the things been almost flawless. i'm starting to get alot of runtime errors and shit, but there's a lot of other factors that could be causing that. the first 2 years were almost problem free.

now the via az11, buyng that was one of the worst mistakes i've ever made in my life

Back