problems with AR

hello, im a new person here from the uk.

i got a saturn when i was about 11/12 and i loved it, then i stupidly swapped it for a N64 with a friend (most stupid thing i ever did), now im 16 and i have a job so i invested in a saturn. Wanting to play copied/import games as well as all teh cheap pal games i get from ebay i got a actionreplay from liksang.

ok, im having some problems.

1) it says that the action replay is a memory card, the saturn doesnt seem to recognice it

2) the action reaplay is ment to link up to my pc, it doesnt come with cable/software

3) does it convert pal games to 60hz? and does it play ntsc games at 60hz?

4) i understnad that it does not play copies, but is there a way to make it easier to disk swap using the AR? so far i have only sucessfully diskswapped once after about 60+ tries.

thanks so much for your help, im so glad im not the only person who loves saturn!

Originally posted by louis@Jun 19, 2003 @ 10:33 PM

1) it says that the action replay is a memory card, the saturn doesnt seem to recognice it

The Action Replay does not support direct saving. Transfer saves to/from cartridge flash using the cartridge menu.

2) the action reaplay is ment to link up to my pc, it doesnt come with cable/software

You need a Commlink card and a normal parallel cable.

3) does it convert pal games to 60hz? and does it play ntsc games at 60hz?

No.

All your questions have been answered many times before. Use the search functionality if you need more info.

could u just tell me if it runs ntsc games at 50 or 60hz, and if diskswapping is simplifed with teh card. The phrase "Action Replay" appears in most threads making searching though this forum difficult.

Originally posted by louis@Jun 19, 2003 @ 09:32 PM

could u just tell me if it runs ntsc games at 50 or 60hz, and if diskswapping is simplifed with teh card. The phrase "Action Replay" appears in most threads making searching though this forum difficult.

I believe antime just stated and answered both of those questions
blush.gif

Originally posted by louis@Jun 19, 2003 @ 08:33 PM

4) i understnad that it does not play copies, but is there a way to make it easier to disk swap using the AR? so far i have only sucessfully diskswapped once after about 60+ tries.

60+ tries :eek:mg:
huh.gif
:huh

I got it right the first time
hehehe.gif
maybe you're doing something wrong? Have you tried putting in the backup, turning the console on and when the disc stops in the CD player swap it with an original, reset and after the lens moves put the backup back in... at least I believe it was like that...

Back