problems with my saturn Action Replay 4M AUTO PLUS

i bought a 4in1 ActionReplay Ram cart but the save function isn't work only the Ram function..

i think i've damaged the cart by putting it out while the saturn was powered-on..but the weird thing is that only the save options are out of use..any advice?

im putting the cart..it loads the 1MB or 4MB needed titles ok..but there isn't any region slection/save screen

any advice would be great

Taking the cart out while the Saturn is on is a really dumb thing to do.
sarcasm.gif

I have no idea why the action replay component of the cart isn't working, but there is no 'region select' screen.

So when you start, the Action Replay logo doesn't come up and you don't get the mini-menu?

The cart doesn't support in-game direct save in the first place, and you don't "select" a region - it simply ignores game region.

first time i plug the cart in everything was ok..the mini-menuand all the save function

but then doing this stupid grab the cart out while the saturn was powered-on,the mini-menu doesn't appear again no matter how many times i've tried

but everytime i've the cart connected to my saturn and im trying to play a 1/4 MBs needed titles like metal slug the cart is working

the question is:

if i've damaged the cart how the RAM-function of the damned cart is still on use?

thanx for ur interest

Originally posted by ExCyber@Jul 3, 2003 @ 03:23 PM

if i've damaged the cart how the RAM-function of the damned cart is still on use?

The RAM is pretty much separate from everything else.

that means i've destroyed the save-function of my cart?

is there a way to fix it?

pullin it out while the saturn was on maybe it toast something that can be fixed

i bought it very expensive here in Greece the damned cart dammit
damn.gif

You mean that no AR menu appears? That would be a dream come true for me cause I don´t use either the save or the cheat option just the RAM. And its pretty annoing going thru those menus everytime I want to play.

yeah there is no menu

the 1/4mb cart needed titles are loading like the saturn has no cart plugged-in

man do u want to exchange your save-functioned cart with mine,its a new action replay cart that automatically loads the 1/4mbs RAM titles,new and a very rare one too

lol

rolleyes.gif

Nope sorry but I don´t like trading stuff just selling and buying over the net, the main problem is that your cart could die in a few weeks or star having issues. I recomemd you to keep it since you can´t do in-game direct savings with the PAR+ you can buy a official memory cart for that or a 3rd party memory cart lucky you :cheers if only was a safe way to disable those damn menus.

if only was a safe way to disable those damn menus???

give me your perfect-working cart for only 2 mins and u'll get a new-rare cart like mine

:smash
rolleyes.gif

The RAM is pretty much separate from everything else.

that means i've destroyed the save-function of my cart?

is there a way to fix it?

pullin it out while the saturn was on maybe it toast something that can be fixed

i bought it very expensive here in Greece the damned cart dammit

My 4-1 cart works the same way as yours!

It's only avaliable the function of ram expansion. The menu screen doesn't apeear.

The only difference is because I didn't try to pull off the cart with the saturn turned on.

It reached that situation all alone and without any warning. Some day I turned it on and simply doesn't worked. Anymore!

When I tried to put another Action replay cart in it... bye bye Action replay.

I think it may occured some kind of short circuit. I don't know exactly.

Any opinion?

Saitou: Check the cartridge slot in your Saturn, try cleaning it and checking that the pins all reach inward far enough. It sounds like there might be an intermittent problem.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jul 26, 2003 @ 10:23 PM

Saitou: Check the cartridge slot in your Saturn, try cleaning it and checking that the pins all reach inward far enough. It sounds like there might be an intermittent problem.

What kind of cleaner should i use?

Originally posted by Konami X68@Jul 2, 2003 @ 06:16 PM

i bought a 4in1 ActionReplay Ram cart but the save function isn't work only the Ram function..

i think i've damaged the cart by putting it out while the saturn was powered-on..but the weird thing is that only the save options are out of use..any advice?

im putting the cart..it loads the 1MB or 4MB needed titles ok..but there isn't any region slection/save screen

any advice would be great

Did you buy this from me? If so, send me an email jandaman @ jandaman . com

Back