Programming

I can't get hold of a 5 in one card or a PAR card or anything to link it to the saturn, so I wan't to know, how to program fro the Saturn witout connecting it.

I'm just planning to make a simple game, a 2D overhead RPG using similar gameplay to Rayearth (and similar graphics, but it wont be a Rayearth game, although at one point I had thought of making a Sailor Moon RPG, I am a Sailor Moon fan).

I don't want to try anything hard as in 3D, so I thought i's go for 2D. Also, how do you pull of transparancies? I've seen some games, well most games on Saturn, can't do transparancies like what's shown on their Playstation versions (This even includes 2D games).

Although I'm only beggining, I wan't to try and do my best for this. Aslong as I can get help and support, I'll also give it to others (Like when I get better, helping someone program or something).

OK.. you can go to lik-sang (www.lik-sang.com). They have on stock AR carts... This method is easier and faster, just code, compile, and download to teh Sat.. easy.. tehy also have the commlink card (http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=0&products_id=234&) but you need a ISA slot

In any other case what I used to do before that, use CR-RW... and modify your Sat as Radsil once pointed out. It does work fine, but is a bit solw(recommended 2 CD-RW and compile while you erase it...)

Artemio, ur still here? You could have told me the last Stardust beta was corrupted. My bad.

As for transparencies, they are made with standart SGL calls (and not by using elaborate tricks, as i tought earlier :p) The reason why the transparencies look worst is because they are "add/sub" transparecies, like the ones used on SNES. PSX can do Alpha coloring, linda like a err... Adobe Photoshop layer.

Sorry for not reporting earlier... wa sin a black hoel for a while and my mail in gseed@neokobe.net was completely lost...

I would love to help again... sorry for the lack of communication... I lost all my contacts with my mail..

How do you do Alpha colouring teqnique on teh Saturn (I know that it can be done, as some games have it)? [I'm from the UK, that's why it's spelt that way]

And what are the best tools for programming and compiling?

Plus, how do you do the CD-RW thing on the Sega Saturn, I know how to do it for the Dreamcast

(Edited by Blue Sonnet at 8:57 am on Aug. 22, 2001)

Back