Project Dream launched

vbt

Staff member
Our aim is simple — help Sega get back into console hardware and revive the Dreamcast. Sega was once a brand known for hardware that was ahead of its time and games that were imaginative and fun. When Sega ceased production of the Dreamcast on March 31, 2001, it ended an era of a console that provided endless hours of entertainment for millions of fans. This is where Project Dream comes in.

http://www.projectdream.co/#

I don't get why people hate Project Dream (almost vehemently). I'm doubtful they will succeed, but at least they have their creative outlet for this. The only thing I don't like is the mock-up multiplayer with the "Apps" and "Social" sections as well as how the hardware shells look. Other than that, I think they should be left as they are.

Their "Dream Team" is great. Two website people (one whom takes care of "R&D," whatever that means), a "Game industry insider," which could just be a Q&A person for all I know, and a UI/UX designer (I'm sure that's why the website looks as "awesome" as it does). Sounds like a crack team that will be able to put together a proposal worthy of a company which was producing it's own hardware for half a century. Okay, I'm done being facetious =P.

It wouldn't come as a surprise if SEGA shut it down soon, but I don't think there's enough of a reason for them to do so.

just to give some news of this project, let's see if it can happen.

Contact with Sega has been established
zKGyiluRSvpAfgN-128x128-noPad.jpg

Ben Plato
Melbourne, VIC
17 janv. 2016 — We have made some very good progress and have managed to establish contact with Sega Of Japan .
We can not comment too much on that at this stage until pending decisions are made.

Just to note:

Any official update will be posted here and also on the Project Dream Facebook group by either one of our core team members.

some news from project dream blog :

In regards to the proposal, we are hard at work on putting the finishing touches on the full proposal. An abridged version will be sent over to Sega initially with overall design concepts. With any luck, we are shooting to present the full version of the proposal with hardware and software prototypes in person at Sega in Tokyo. If you aren’t part of the Facebook group, please join! We have been using the Facebook group as a think tank of sorts, utilizing polls and user feedback to drive design iterations. Please join and make your ideas heard! We are aiming to have the proposal finished in the next few weeks.

Once the proposal is finished, we will be sending it to Sega for initial review. As said in multiple interviews, our team has made contact with Sega. We have spoken with various influencers at Sega and have had one on one conversations with an executive at Sega Sammy. Those who we have spoken to are very receptive to our project. While many err on the side of caution due to the nature of the project, we have still been invited to send our proposal over to have it personally reviewed and get it in front of all of the decision-makers at Sega.

Stay tuned and keep the dream alive!

Back