Propellor Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone play this game? to me it looked a bit empty and dull, but with multiplayer online and voice chat it could have been something very fun indeed.

I highly anticipated this game and have tried to track down any new info on it since its 9/11 cancellation...with no new stuff found.

If it is out there, I will find it.... I tried to get it from Sega but they wouldn't sell it to me...lol

---Ammut

thanks

looks pretty cool.

looking back I'm not sure how 9/11 should have influenced the delay/cancellation of the game

it's not like that's what the game is about

it's up to the player what they do

how is GTA any better?

Eh...it's just politics of the moment. The Arnie film, Collateral Damage (sp?) was delayed because of 9/11 as well...

I guess Propeller Arena got delayed and then canned because by that time, the DC had died.

Originally posted by Curtis@Feb. 07 2003, 6:13 am

Eh...it's just politics of the moment. The Arnie film, Collateral Damage (sp?) was delayed because of 9/11 as well...

I guess Propeller Arena got delayed and then canned because by that time, the DC had died.

don't forget the scene cut from Spiderman (even though it was in the trailer)

I have a video of it on that first "The future of Videogames" dvd. It looks ok, but im sure that without multiplayer its a wast of a disk, as that was what looked to be its greatest feature.

I think the guy from GoodDealGames/OlderGames has a copy of PA. He also apparantly has a copy of HL that he was undergoing negotiations to re-release, but canned after he got a huge flaming from a bunch of people about "releaseing warez" or something. Bit of a pity, 'cause I'd have liked to be able to get legit copy of HL. Oh well.
sad.gif

I don't think conversations about "ripped" copies should continue - you don't want to be "banned for even mentioning copied games" now, do you?
wink.gif

Half Life gold IS out there, I haven't heard of Propeller out however. Thanks to Myname for that bit of info... I missed that auction but would have been quite interested in seeing it. Anyone know how much it ended up going for?

And on an unrelated note, how many years after the "death" of the saturn did SX open up for Saturn games? I love saturn and originals, such like I do Dreamcast and originals (Manuals are so shiny and nice, so are GDroms) but now I can pretty much find games for neither----kinda a pain...but I do pick up originals whenever I see them for Saturn but that is rare. And none of the money actually goes to Sega anymore since they are games, so is DC really that bad? Sorry guys, I just want some Dreamcast games that I can't find anywhere
sad.gif
Don't ban me please, lol.

I've said toooo much
blink.gif

I love this board and agree with the decisions of the mods, just wondering......

---Ammut

How long the system is dead only matters to one person: Iceman2k.

It's his policy and when and if he's ready, DC stuff will be welcome and only then.

In the meantime, it's probably best not to discuss these 'leaked' unreleased games. You are discussing 'copied games' (unless someone bought that copy on Ebay) and letting it slide could cause an unfortunate precedent.

That's just my 2c.
wink.gif

ohhh Mal, you're so smart
blush.gif

thanks for the dictionary link too - it helped alot
biggrin.gif

The Ebay link for Propellor Arena says its no longer in the database or that it's invalid, can anyone give me some details of the auction (how much it went for/ who'd it go to...) it would be greatly appreciated.

I would've payed a couple of hundred max, that price is insane IMO.

Just a little off topic (Thinking of PA online) ~ Didn't sega release some info regarding servers for dreamcast, so that someone with the equipment and a little know how could also run one? Maybe I was just dreaming or thinking too much but I thought something like this was released. If so, that would rule- dreamcast could live on forever online and we could continue to enjoy games like Alien Front, Outtrigger, and maybe some "new" online experiences such as this.

Or wait, imagine someone programming Death Tank for dreamcast and having that online? *DROOL*

Hell, that would be a great Xbox Live title too.

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Feb 16, 2003 @ 06:37 PM

The Ebay link for Propellor Arena says its no longer in the database or that it's invalid, can anyone give me some details of the auction (how much it went for/ who'd it go to...) it would be greatly appreciated.

That means eBay cancelled the auction early and pulled it. Nobody won it, and it didn't sell. Now, whether it actually WAS the real thing or a big fake/scam, we'll never know now... but the auction has plainly ceased to exist.

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb 16, 2003 @ 07:01 AM

That means eBay cancelled the auction early and pulled it. Nobody won it, and it didn't sell. Now, whether it actually WAS the real thing or a big fake/scam, we'll never know now... but the auction has plainly ceased to exist.

Ahhh, thanks for the info. I knew this popped up when Ebay pulled the auction, I just thought it was a really old auction. I don't know why ebay pulled it, it must've been a cd, not a GDrom, as a beta GDrom would be acceptable to Ebay's TOC, I've seen stuff like that popup before (many betas, even a saturn 'bootdisk')

So it either

a- wasn't properly worded

b- a backup

c- reported to ebay by someone concerned and they pulled it just in case

or....just was a fake to begin with.

---Ammut

Originally posted by Curtis@Feb 10, 2003 @ 07:37 AM

I don't think conversations about "ripped" copies should continue - you don't want to be "
banned.gif
for even mentioning copied games" now, do you?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@Feb 10, 2003 @ 07:59 AM

That part is all up to the admin/moderator
biggrin.gif

You have a point there, Rat. :agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back