PS2 Importing

I've been looking at getting Naruto Narultimate Hero 2 for PS2 recently sense I've played the 2nd GCN one (and essentialy mastered it), and pre-ordered the new GCN one already, but the PS2 one has more characters to choose from then even the upcomming GCN one...

But anyhow, my question is this: Is their a way to play import PS2 using something similar to freeloader, or somthing else that doesn't require the system to be modified?

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 03:59 PM

I've been looking at getting Naruto Narultimate Hero 2 for PS2 recently sense I've played the 2nd GCN one (and essentialy mastered it), and pre-ordered the new GCN one already, but the PS2 one has more characters to choose from then even the upcomming GCN one...

But anyhow, my question is this: Is their a way to play import PS2 using something similar to freeloader, or somthing else that doesn't require the system to be modified?

I personally would not know... but regarding Narutimetto Hero2 and the GameCube Naruto games, they are completely different games, even developed by different companies (CyberConnect2 and TOMY). Anyway, the Narutimetto Hero titles are thousands of times better than the GameCube releases.

I know they are completly different, thats mainly why im still getting the 3rd Gamecube one when it comes out, sense I enjoyed that game (or at least its prequel) quite a bit. As for the PS2 ones being better, I had heard the complete opposit about the original PS2 one. The new one though looks too good to pass up.

Yes you can play imports without getting a mod but it is difficult and expensive.

You'll need,

A normal PS2

Network Adapter

Seagate HDD

HD Advance or HD Loader.

1. Prep the hard drive using the tools.

2. remove the hdd from the machine and put it in your pc.

3. Copy the contents of the import ps2 disc to the hdd under windows using either format of loader.

4. Put the HDD back in your machine and whalla!

5. Boot up using HD Loader etc and the game will now be available.

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 04:08 PM

I know they are completly different, thats mainly why im still getting the 3rd Gamecube one when it comes out, sense I enjoyed that game (or at least its prequel) quite a bit. As for the PS2 ones being better, I had heard the complete opposit about the original PS2 one. The new one though looks too good to pass up.

Strange, both games have practically the same fighting system, so if the first one is bad, the second one should not be good.

I played both completely, and both are great, the second one has a better Story mode, slightly better graphics, and much more replay value though.

Originally posted by Berty@Tue, 2004-11-02 @ 01:09 AM

Yes you can play imports without getting a mod but it is difficult and expensive.

You'll need,

A normal PS2

Network Adapter

Seagate HDD

HD Advance or HD Loader.

1. Prep the hard drive using the tools.

2. remove the hdd from the machine and put it in your pc.

3. Copy the contents of the import ps2 disc to the hdd under windows using either format of loader.

4. Put the HDD back in your machine and whalla!

5. Boot up using HD Loader etc and the game will now be available.

[post=122440]Quoted post[/post]​

The hell? For all that, why just mod the system?

Back