Ps2 mod

Ratamahatta

Established Member
I'm curious about you people tlaking about Ps2 mods, exactly, what does the mod allow you to do with a ps2? Which one is the best. I also hear that one chip in particular fries the laser unit of the system. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Arakon, I gotta question. Can I test a burned game on a PS2 with an RW? I don't wanna waste a CD-R just for a test burn. With the RW, I can burn the game, test the mod, then erase the disc, if the mod works.

I -heard- CDRWs will work, but then again, my $450 Sony DVD player says it plays VCDs, so I made one, and it only works in my PC DVD drive/players. Blah. Since a CDRW wouldn't be wasted when burned, try it out.

it should play the CDRW. and about the VCD, yeah sometimes it doesnt work, but whatd you burn the VCD with? some programs like nero dont burn the VCD correctly. i know that if you use Easy CD Creator 5 Platnium then itll work.

no.

PS2 will not play VCD at all, with any mod chip or anything.

a software player would work, but has yet to be developed.. and needs a modchip to boot as well, of course.

to play cd-r vcds? no, my sister's and one of my friend's dvd players plays them fine. i converted the avi files to mpegs and then burned them. and why wouldnt a mod-cip which can play all region dvd's and dvd-r and rw's not play a cd-r vcd?

Back