Ps2 Shining force..

I think there's little to no chance to see SF3 remaked...

The last chance was a possible PSOne release, right when Sega went 3rd party. It wouldn't be that hard to port the game, but now it's kinda late to make a PSone version, and if they did it, it'd hardly get out of Japan... now, in order to put the game on whatever "next gen" console, a new graphic engine would have to be made from scratch.

SF3 does look good on the Saturn, and it's one of those games that will still look good no matter how old they get, but it's technically light years behind the shittiest looking PS2/X-box/GC games. The amount of work required to make the remake would equal making a whole new game (character designing and story writting aside, if they decided to keep those intact). And such effort would be much better used in actually making a whole new game.

Of course, we can always team up and make fan-made games...

Originally posted by cww80+July 05 2002,17:15--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ July 05 2002,17:15)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Silender@July 05 2002,10:08

I don't know but I'll prefer to be a watcher if all the threads are to turn in debates!
wink.gif

aww
tongue.gif
does the truth hurt
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Pardon me? ???

ZSega really likes to make great games, then only release a couple thousand copies, or not translate it

I read on IGN that they were considering it.. i could have been mistaken, but let me find the link

Unfortunatly the project doesn't seem to have begun yet ...

Despite I'm a fan of shining force, I wonder what it would looks like on a new egn console, and if it can support the comparison with newer rpg game (I thinking of neverwinter nights).

I'm also wondering if someone have ever tried to make a fanmade shining game ?

The info you posted Cherok has been sent in all IGN console sites and not only to the PS2 one. Same thing you read there exists for GCN, X-Box, Dreamcast and GBA. There IS a Shining Force game in development (New or Remake) but we don't yet know to which console is heading for. At SFC we received a mail from the head of the marketing of Sega Europe and he said that there is a possibility of a (THIS IS NOT B******T) DREAMCAST release of a complete SF3 in English (he talked about Europe only). He also mentioned that Sega will discuss about Shining Force in the conference which is taking place in Japan these days.

If they were able to conjour up a SF3 dreamcast release, would your local EB carry them?> i am hoping so.. even in CANADA?

Originally posted by Silender@July 11 2002,20:33

At SFC we received a mail from the head of the marketing of Sega Europe and he said that there is a possibility of a (THIS IS NOT B******T) DREAMCAST release of a complete SF3 in English (he talked about Europe only). He also mentioned that Sega will discuss about Shining Force in the conference which is taking place in Japan these days.

I admire your optimism Silender. I read through those two threads and there's nothing definate from Sega.

We can still hope though.
smile.gif

If you knew mal...

This girl was able to gather more than 5000 signatures (with emails and no doubles or triples). She printed all of them and send the packages to Sega Europe, Sega America, Sega Japan, Camelot Software Planning and (I think) Sonic Team. Believe me if a SF for PS2 was in plans she would be the first to know this. Even camelot has a 'thank' section for her efforts in SF area all this time.If there is a new SF in development (actually it's is one) then we have to thank her for reviving the legend of the Shining Force games. And if someone thinks that, what I link isn't true then he's just blind to see what I mean!
smile.gif

Silender, not for a moment do I trivialize the efforts of anyone. I just hope that the response from Sega Europe wasn't just baseless 'marketing-speak'.

Originally posted by Silender@July 12 2002,11:43

If you knew mal...

This girl was able to gather more than 5000 signatures (with emails and no doubles or triples). She printed all of them and send the packages to Sega Europe, Sega America, Sega Japan, Camelot Software Planning and (I think) Sonic Team. Believe me if a SF for PS2 was in plans she would be the first to know this. Even camelot has a 'thank' section for her efforts in SF area all this time.If there is a new SF in development (actually it's is one) then we have to thank her for reviving the legend of the Shining Force games. And if someone thinks that, what I link isn't true then he's just blind to see what I mean!
smile.gif

i was one of those 5000
smile.gif

Silender, not for a moment do I trivialize the efforts of anyone. I just hope that the response from Sega Europe wasn't just baseless 'marketing-speak'.

Hehe. I ddn't said that Mal. I just wanted to strengthen your belief in the two threads you already read.
wink.gif

cww80, RitualOfTheTrout, and everyone else I believe that If Moogie was here she would thank you for your sigs. Allow me to thank you instead of her!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by Silender@July 13 2002,03:13

cww80, RitualOfTheTrout, and everyone else I believe that If Moogie was here she would thank you for your sigs. Allow me to thank you instead of her!!!
smile.gif

no prob
smile.gif
I just hope we dont see another Shining Soul or Shining Wisdom...

I think most people don't realize that creating a game takes thousands of man hours, a LOT of people, and a LOT of money. While shining force was popular, you have to realize that now it would be a niche market (turned-based strategy rpg's aren't exactly mainstream, only 2 console games I can think of in the US market (shining soul and advance wars) and neither of them are blockbuster hits). For a company to feasably make a game, they have to think they'll make a large profit, shining force (and phantasy star (for the person that mentioned 5) in their original concepts, and the way you would want them made, simply would not be that popular nowadays. Sure, you'd be happy, but the developers would lose a LOT of money most likely.

Sega is definetly known for making great games for a smal audience though (ala panzer saga) And doing a translation of 2 scenarios that never made it here, working it on to the xbox or ps2 hardware, and beefing it up a tad, they would recieve that money back in a matter of months for what they would sell the title for.. Slap (plays like final fantasy tactics on the box and they would sell through the roof!)

Back