pseudo saturn kai + am29f200bb

Hi. I've installed am29f200bb with pseudo saturn kai flashed inside my console and it's working.
Now i need to update it, but it doesn't work. Is it because the update cd doesn't have support for this chip or i messed the wiring?
The flasher utility reports this:
Flash Vendor ID: 0001 - Unknown
Flash Device ID: 2257 - Unknown

Write test: Data compare failure!

Last edited:
The pin numbers are correct, and the flash vendor and device ID match what's listed in the data sheet. The issue is probably that the default algorithms used for unknown devices don't work with that flash device type.

The pin numbers are correct, and the flash vendor and device ID match what's listed in the data sheet. The issue is probably that the default algorithms used for unknown devices don't work with that flash device type.

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. From what i've seen all supported carts use 2 x 8bit chips., that means the algorithm is different. Mybe in the future support for this chip will be added.

Last edited:
Maybe, but it's a device that was obsoleted ten years ago, so I'm not sure it's worth the effort. It also uses variable erase sector sizes so it's not a device I would recommend anyway.

Back