PSone

yes. you can also use the $20 swap disc that most EB's/Gamestops carry. the chips for the smaller PSOne are a real pain in the ass to install.

Originally posted by Dyne@Nov 26, 2003 @ 08:27 PM

yes. you can also use the $20 swap disc that most EB's/Gamestops carry. the chips for the smaller PSOne are a real pain in the ass to install.

they sell them there?

that's kinda surprising

Originally posted by Dyne@Nov 26, 2003 @ 08:27 PM

They are not a pain in the ass.... 6 wires is cake.

It is nothing compared to a ps2 mod install.

The points are not as big as the psx original models, but the PSOne points are still big.

Originally posted by Shitface@Nov 26, 2003 @ 11:42 PM

Really? How much do they go for? If its more than 20 bones, then i aint buyin!

I think they are pretty cheap.

It's cheaper that getting a swap disc, I'm almost positive.

I wanna say like $7 or something

Shitface, check out http://www.psxtune.com/

The guy there is very very reliable and I have ordered from them many times.

Great customer support and fast e-mails/communication.\\

It is about 16 dollars for the absolute 6 wire stealth mod for PSOne, it is well worth it! It comes prewired on the chip and has heat shrink tubing over the modchip to protect it. Also comes with solder and full color diagrams.

yeah jaded, when i said pain in the ass i meant because of the smaller points. and yeah ps2's are scary. i put my messiah 2 in myself......i dont want to talk about that :lol:

and racket, the disc i was referring to was actually sold as a territory swap disc but also works to boot back-ups. thats why they sold them.

kaoru1255.jpg

you can also burn the ps1 games duh! :damn:

Isnt that the point of having the mod chip, to burn them? I'm not gonna talk about the actual act itself I'm just saying he might want to back his crap up so as not to ruin the precious gems like the few copies of thrill kill released.... AND I OWN 2 BITCHES... sorry

full retail? i thought it never made it out. can you show some pics/scans of the box and cd and stuff? where did you get your copies?

Isnt that the point of having the mod chip, to burn them?

Region protection and copy protection are part of the same mechanism on PSX. Someone released some proof-of-concept import only modchip code that patches the SCEX stream in transit, but I doubt that was ever updated with the newer features.

Back