Quarter mil for a wrecked car?

That car is ugly Mal. Aren't those Enzo's mid-mounted cars? So the engine would be all fine and dandy? Still not worth 250,000 but still would cool to fix up.

Dude Enzo's are impossible to get as is. They only made like 500 total and you had to be on a very select waiting list for over 2 years just to get your car started on. Each one also cost a pretty penny to buy.

yepp, that's how I see it.

Mal, it's all preference. I am more of an American Muscle kinda guy :cheers:. I dont think I have ever seen a Jag I have really cared for, sum are nice though (my friend had one when I was a youth, it was a nice ride 🙂. all decked out w/ leather and stuff, even a car phone, haha.)

Actually the parts are very easy to get. Well sort of. You basically have to crate the car and ship it to the Ferrari factory in Italy to get it fixed. It might seem like a big cost but if you got the cash to buy one of these in the first place you already know that spending large sums of money is a requirement. Heck to replace the custom carbon composite material brake pads and brake rotors costs something in the region of $8000 EACH.

If I had the scratch, you bety I'd buy it. Now my dream car is eith a Bugatti EB10 or a Maclarren F1 so..........this is a bargain, even with the body damage.

Bah! I can't see spending that much on a car. Just image what kind of car you could have if you rebuilt a classic and put that much money into it, haha. It'd be impossable. It'd be hard to throw 75 g's into a car. Either way, I would like one, just not for that price. Give me a Yenko Camaro :wub:

That looks to be a pretty nasty accident... both airbags were deployed... wonder if anyone died driving that? It's definetly used, and used badly...

You have to wonder with that Dan Heatly thing in Atlanta a couple months back.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong.

Actually it looks to be mostly just front end body damage. Air bags deploy at very low speed impacts. If nothing else, would be interesting to trash the origenal body and design you own custom body for the frame. But, only if you have the money. The reality is, though, there is a custom street rod business that was on TLC the other night that will build you a car that will do 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds. That beats the Enzo by about a full second. All for about $85,000. Hmmmmm.... :devil

It's all about the name. The ppl who have the money to buy them only want them for a status thing. I dont understand it? Oh well, I will prob. never be able to afford one, and when/if I am, I prob. wont wanna waste my money 🙂.

While there is something to be said for building a street rod yourself, there is something about a car the is perfectly engineered to perfection such as another of my fav's, the Porche.

Keep in mind that this car is about 99% made out of composite materials (which also means you can count out any normal body shops). It's main appeal and high price tag comes from the fact that it an exteremly limited edition. Only around 500 were ever made. No more will EVER be made again. It was also the car use to celebrate the anniversary (I forget the number) of the original Ferrari. The car was designed primarly as a sports car and not a luxury car. There is no AC, all windows are manually rolled up and down. There is no radio. Oh and the car comes with a set of gold tools (strengthened of course) worth several thousand alone.

Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Feb 12, 2004 @ 08:57 PM

just buy a honda civic.

People who spend money trying to turn their Honda Civics into sports cars are funny. Why don't they just BUY a sports car?? Anyway, the person who bought that Ferrari is unlucky that he didn't get such good advice as "just buy a honda civic" before hand.

Haha Honda Civics and stick on horse power.

I still stick by my prefrence to the 1991 Pontiac Trans Am over all other cars

Didn't Ice used to have a signature that stated, "glueing a park bench to the back of a honda civic doesn't make it a ferarri". :agree

Back