Quarter mil for a wrecked car?

Bring it back Ice, I liek that one, haha.

Yes gallstaff, 3rd gen f-bodys rock, but I am more of a camaro man myself. I am also a BIG fan of vettes and plan to have me a 74' one day for those saturday night cruises and then have my 89' Maro for the drag strip and non-stock car shows. Of course I am a few years away from all of this (have the Maro, just not the money to fix it up how I want it) but will one day have it, I suspect not till after college, but it WILL happen.

Once again, bring back that sig Ice!

Back in the day, (late 70's) when I was a young studdly man (who are we kidding) I used to keep a few muscle cars around. Had a 74 Charger SE with a 400 magnum, a 72 Javalin with a 427 racing engine (barly fit in the engine cowl), and my fav was a 68 SS with a 327 small block. I had a friend who did paint and pin stripping so they looked nice. For shear speed the Javalin was 'da bomb' (got a ticket once on the freeway and I was only in third gear). I miss those days but probably couldn't afford the gas to run them now. Got rid of them when I got married and moved to NYC. Those were the days.

ya, damn things hog gas. That's why I am gunna get me an LS1. I'll get 30mpg on the freeway and about 23 or so around town. With the engine I have no I get like 15 around town, 21-22 on the freeway if lucky, haha. It would be cool to have an older one just for a project/saturday night cruiser/drag strip car. I dont ever see myself giving up my cars 🙂. Like em WAY too much.

theres a place near me called kerbiek, they sell lambroghinis , bentleys, royces, ferraris, and the place lets u test drive them (1000 deposit) <_<

I think part of the fascination with Civics is building it yourself. However, if you just simply take it to the shop, that's completely something else.

The spoiler thing is kind of strange. I was at JFK Int'l, and in the parking lot I thought I saw a dodge viper. Did a double take, and it was a Toyota Camry with a spoiler so tall you could hang clothes off of it.

If I had $250K I'd be all over the Ferarri. Having seen it at the car show, it's a gorgeous machine. But right now, my sights are set on an '81 Delorean and '82 Lamborghini Countach. 🙂

Haha deloreans are sweet. That is my second favorite car. The official delorean dealer down in texas or whatever wants like 30 k for a rebuilt one! How gay is that? You can get em pretty cheap of ebay though.

One of the guys in my corvette club has a really nice white lamborghini countache. I'll see if I can find the pic of it.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Feb 12, 2004 @ 09:11 AM

Bah! I can't see spending that much on a car. Just image what kind of car you could have if you rebuilt a classic and put that much money into it, haha. It'd be impossable. It'd be hard to throw 75 g's into a car. Either way, I would like one, just not for that price. Give me a Yenko Camaro :wub:

yes, you'd have a car that looked like ass.

Originally posted by Zero 9+Feb 12, 2004 @ 07:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ Feb 12, 2004 @ 07:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PUNJABEE@Feb 12, 2004 @ 08:57 PM

just buy a honda civic.

People who spend money trying to turn their Honda Civics into sports cars are funny. Why don't they just BUY a sports car?? Anyway, the person who bought that Ferrari is unlucky that he didn't get such good advice as "just buy a honda civic" before hand. [/b][/quote]

mazda rx-7's are actually pretty sexy looking, and I know someone who has one, he walks away from porsche's and whatnot on a regular basis. He hasn't gone insane with it though, he only took it up to about 250 HP, did all the work himself too.

Ahh deloreans...I wish I had the cash for one. Get the rebuilt one with a BRAND NEW original upgraded engine, lowered springs, all the trimmings. Only 35K. And then as soon as I get it home, Back to the Future that bitch out. 🙂

There's something to be said about a car that can't rust in a country that spends half it's time under snow and salt.

I saw a Tiburon today. Nice looking car. That and the new Celicas are nice to look at. Probably not the best performing but who cares. Last thing I need is for my insurance to go up again from speeding tickets. I don't really like the whole American muscle cars. Prefer the sportier looking Euro cars and the bullet shaped (like the Tiburon and Celica) Jap cars. I hate those stupid Civics.

Tiburons are WAY ugly, even by ricer standards. Most of the ricers I know dislike them, and the new Celicas. They are more of chick cars IMO. Almost every new model Celica (99+ I think) I see has a chick driver, but if you liek it, haha. The Tiburons are down right ugly though, I can't see how ANYONE likes em. It's like thinking a Pinto is a sexy car.

My fave rice car would have to be the WRX STi. Those things are sweet, and living in Utah it'd be great to have in the winter. They have balls and handeling. They dont look all that bad either w/ the hood scoop.

Scared0o0Rabbit Posted on Feb 13, 2004 @ 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Pearl Jammzz @ Feb 12, 2004 @ 09:11 AM)

Bah! I can't see spending that much on a car. Just image what kind of car you could have if you rebuilt a classic and put that much money into it, haha. It'd be impossable. It'd be hard to throw 75 g's into a car. Either way, I would like one, just not for that price. Give me a Yenko Camaro

yes, you'd have a car that looked like ass.

WHAT!!??! Yenko Camaros are sweet lookin....lemme see if I can find a pic.

Cs02.JPG

Ds02.jpg

See that's the thing I don't like cars that look like that. I was never really big on the whole muscle car thing. They just look like big hunks of metal. I prefer sleeker more pointy for lack of a better word cars. I guess it's mainly because I enjoy the kind of futuristing sleek stuff you tend to see in older scifi and stuff.

See, I think those Camaros look sleek, the just look mean at the same time too. it's all a matter of opinion still of course, just I can't see how ppl think a tiburon looks better than that! it baffles me!

I love my camaro....

these are pictures taken today, i got it repainted and new tires since i posted on, "Show us your car" thread or whatever..

Attachments

• Svi_0036.jpg
    Svi_0036.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Svi_0036.jpg
    Svi_0036.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Svi_0036.jpg
    Svi_0036.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 71
what yr is that? by the front gfx I would say it's an 84? I like the 91-92 gfx. Mine will have those one day. Here a pic of what mine looks like....I have a regular hood though, not the cowl (I will have it though).

ahf1.jpg

I will also have a pair of 17x8 and 17x12 Z06 wheels on it. Here is a pic of the Z06 wheels.

zo6front18bg.jpg

*edit* forgot pics :blush:

Back