Questions about iso's, cue sheets, and errors..

first off, 2/4 of the games i burned actually worked. Is it my burner or could it be just some games werent ripped correctly? For all burns I used Easy CD Pro.

I downloaded a game and my burner wouldn't accept the cue sheet. I tried some software but it didn't help. Am I screwed or can i do something?

Are all ISO's gaurranteed to work and my is the problem software(i got 2/4)?

If my burner rejects one cue sheet, will it reject the rest?

So far, it looks as if I can't use cue sheets, but i can burn ISO's with CD Pro. But only half worked. Is that my bad, or their bad?

Thanks

P.S.

The failed ISO's were Duke Nukem and Hattrick Hero Soccer

The failed Cue sheet was Nights

can you be more specific about your problems? your description is kinda vague.

i'd recommend better burning software. you should use nero ( http://www.nero.com/ ), it will burn most games without problems. if nero won't accept the cue (it sometimes has problems with raw images), try cdrwin.

if you have an iso-mp3 archive, i'd recommend using sega cue maker to generate the cue file.

complete burning instructions at

http://members.fortunecity.com/segacdbackup/

well, you might get better results if you posted this in the tech forum.

i think your problem is the first line of the cue sheets. it sometimes may include the incorrect directory path. all you need to do is open it up with notepad and delete the path.

Originally posted by BrindA17@May 14 2002,19:10

P.S.

The failed ISO's were Duke Nukem and Hattrick Hero Soccer

The failed Cue sheet was Nights

Duke Nukem is region USA/Canada region (I think) and Hat Trick Hero Soccer is region Japan. Did you make sure to patch your ISO with the Saturn Country Code Converter before burning?

As for NiGHTS, a lot of people seems to have problems burning the BIN+CUE rip of this game.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 15 2002,16:31

As for NiGHTS, a lot of people seems to have problems burning the BIN+CUE rip of this game.

And even more problems burning from 2 isos and mp3s. ???

I never understand the need to copy NiGHTS. It must be one of the most common Saturn games around...

Originally posted by King M@May 14 2002,18:44

can you be more specific about your problems? your description is kinda vague.

i'd recommend better burning software. you should use nero ( http://www.nero.com/ ), it will burn most games without problems. if nero won't accept the cue (it sometimes has problems with raw images), try cdrwin.

if you have an iso-mp3 archive, i'd recommend using sega cue maker to generate the cue file.

complete burning instructions at

http://members.fortunecity.com/segacdbackup/

When attempting to burn the cue sheet with cdrwin, it said my CDRecorder wouldn't accept it. I didn't test any the ISO's. If i used cdrwin, could i make a cue for an ISO and the wav's? Or does it have to be bin? The biggest bite is i deleted the files after burning them because i am running out of hardrive space. I'd have to re-download them to try it again. And if it fails, that is more discs down the drain. Is there a way to test if it will work BEFORE i burn them? I know i can test the country, but what if it is US and doesn't work?

Originally posted by BrindA17@May 15 2002,16:18

When attempting to burn the cue sheet with cdrwin, it said my CDRecorder wouldn't accept it. I didn't test any the ISO's. If i used cdrwin, could i make a cue for an ISO and the wav's? Or does it have to be bin? The biggest bite is i deleted the files after burning them because i am running out of hardrive space. I'd have to re-download them to try it again. And if it fails, that is more discs down the drain. Is there a way to test if it will work BEFORE i burn them? I know i can test the country, but what if it is US and doesn't work?

It doesn't have to be BIN (i.e., 2352 bytes/sector). You can burn ISO+WAV or ISO+MP3 using a cue sheet as well. The structure of the cue sheet for ISO+WAV or ISO+MP3 is pretty straight forward and simple. The_Morph's faq teaches you how to create an ISO+WAV or ISO+MP3 cue sheet yourself. You can also have Lodger's Saturn Cue Maker generate a cue sheet for you.

In CDRWin, there is a checkbox for "Test Mode" and i Nero, there is a checkbox for "Simulation" if that's what you mean. I'm sure Fireburner and EZCD Pro have some kind of test burn feature also.

Back