Quick Mod Question

Just a quick question before I send this mod back.

I tried modding a Saturn today, using Mal's A-B method, installed correctly from what I can tell. However, disc doesn't spin, no start-up animation, green balls in the CD player screen, displaying 'Checking disc format'.

I know this model of CD board to be compatible with the A-B method (Assy P605), and I tried changing the 0014-0019 jumpers with no luck (What is this supposed to do anyway?).

I've modded many Saturns before using this method, so I'm not new to it or anything... I can only imagine I've got a dead modboard (do these symptoms occur if the modboard is dead?).

Anyone got any ideas before I email to return the thing?

where did you order the mod board from?

was the mod board difficult to insert?

did you read the sticky?

is it a model 2 64 pin saturn?

is it a model 1 20 pin saturn?

is it a model 2 32 pin saturn?

mod boards work differently on different versions of the saturn. many questions were left un-answered in your post. :blah

Going by the part number, it's a 32 pin model 2.

It could be a dead mod, but it could just be that the mod isn't quite lined up in the slot on the mainboard or the ribbon cable could be just out of alignment as well.

Originally posted by mal@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 04:57 PM

Going by the part number, it's a 32 pin model 2.

It could be a dead mod, but it could just be that the mod isn't quite lined up in the slot on the mainboard or the ribbon cable could be just out of alignment as well.

[post=130718]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn forgot about that, it's a Model 2, 32pin IC PAL machine. Assy P605 CD Board (the kind that works with Mal's A-B installation method).

After trying it in 2 other Saturns, I've resorted to admitting the mod is dead and returning it. Bah.

Back