Radiant Silvergun cd-r problems

Hi

I recently d/l Radiant Silvergun from the newsgroup. It has been a while since I last swapped a game (for that matter used my Saturn) but I got it to work at the first try. So the game booted without any problems. At least that what I though. When I started the game, it load, you see the ship and then it keep trying to load something. Eventually it give up and the cd stop spinning. So there I can move my ship, shoot and that's it. Nothing else.

For the sheer heck of it, while it was trying to load , I quickly swapped an original us cd (I patched it to us before burning) . I get to see a couple of faces popping up and that's it. This time the game freeze for good. Oh and I tried the two swapping way I know off (double swap and tripple swap) same results.

Anyone saw that before or would know how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance.

man I get the same problem too >_<
angry.gif

not quite the right word, considering the game goes for easily 150-170 in USA and up to 220 in europe.

I'm getting tired of your attitude, Cecilia. If you don't have anything to say but "buy the game" to everyone posting a problem, then better don't say anything at all.

as I said before, if you have a problem with the copying/iso stuff, find yourself a forum which doesn't have any of it.

Originally posted by Arakon@June 13 2002,08:38

... if you have a problem with the copying/iso stuff, find yourself a forum which doesn't have any of it.

...pretty hard to find one
tongue.gif

I understand Cecilia Chen when people who thinks that we are "tech support" for something they "bought", arrive to the forums looking for easy and lazy answers.

I don´t understand her... I cannot pay 220 euros for an old abandonware game, it´s a ridiculous and abusive price, only appropiate for elitist rich people... there are important things to do with money, do you know ? nobody is going to became rich tricking me with a five year old second hand game.

Saturn is commercially dead and must be free for all.

Originally posted by CHE@June 14 2002,04:16

Saturn is commercially dead and must be free for all.

While I don't agree with Cecilia's hard line stance, you're dead wrong there.

There is absolutely no reason why Saturn games must be free for all. Idealistic motives have no place in this. If Sega chose to take action against Saturn game 'pirates' I don't think we'd have a legal leg to stand on.

Fortunately, they seem to be content to let us do what we like, but don't take it for granted.

Well how is it that some games have been a success doing the exact same thing that was tried with RS?

What makes those other games more giving to burns........and less sensistive?

As for some of you haters out there that say shit like "READ THE FAQs" and "NOOBIE" this or that.........just help or dont help.. thats what this damn FORUM IS ABOUT

Just because some of you have things down and are "experts" doesn't mean you should treat those of us that have questions like shit.

*sigh* Such anger...

The forum is an enourmous resource containing the collective knowledge of many people. Take your time to read through it and you may learn something. Becomming angry because you aren't getting the answers you want helps no one.

Remind me. How did you burn the game? What program, what speed, what CDRs? And you are swapping, right?

Originally posted by Arakon@June 13 2002,08:38

not quite the right word, considering the game goes for easily 150-170 in USA and up to 220 in europe.

I'm getting tired of your attitude, Cecilia. If you don't have anything to say but "buy the game" to everyone posting a problem, then better don't say anything at all.

as I said before, if you have a problem with the copying/iso stuff, find yourself a forum which doesn't have any of it.

I second that Arakon

cool.gif

Originally posted by neocvera@June 15 2002,16:39

Well how is it that some games have been a success doing the exact same thing that was tried with RS?

What makes those other games more giving to burns........and less sensistive?

As for some of you haters out there that say shit like "READ THE FAQs" and "NOOBIE" this or that.........just help or dont help.. thats what this damn FORUM IS ABOUT

Just because some of you have things down and are "experts" doesn't mean you should treat those of us that have questions like shit.

What exactly are you on about? Loosing your cool will not get you answers in a hurry.

I gave you two possible reasons as to why your game isn't working, so I'm not too sure what your beef is...

Look what I found in the Miscellaneous Section of Segaxtreme

Problems -

First swap:

Different copied CDs behave differently when the Saturn is reading the file structure (and occasionally they make the Saturn behave differently during the time the original CD is in too). If you have trouble timing the first swap, try using a copied CD that is very small, as these are generally easier to swap with.

Sometimes it is hard to tell when the Saturn has stopped checking the tracks, and starts checking the actual protection. If you're unsure when to swap at this stage, boot up the Saturn a few times with the copied disc in the drive and watch what happens. You can eventually tell when it's checking for the protection because the CD motor will turn on (at half speed) then turn off (letting the CD slow down to a very slow speed), then on, then off etc... You can trace this backwards to the last time the lens moves (it makes its final dash for the edge of the CD - you can hear it making a zipping sound) during the track reading.

Second swap:

If you swap too early, the system drops to the bios screen or keeps trying to read the CD protection unsuccessfully, and if you swap too late, all kinds of weird things can happen. Occasionally your Saturn might lock up on the ‘Sega’ screen. This either means you swapped slightly too late or your Saturn didn't like the original/copied CD combination. Try another original if this keeps happening.

If you get a bios message saying “disc not suitable for this system”, I’m pretty sure that means you got past the ‘original’ CD check on the second swap, but you swapped slightly too early and didn’t quite make it past the ‘country protection’. Try doing the second swap a bit later.

I have noticed on my Saturn that certain original CDs don't load certain games. For example, the only CDs of mine that will load Radiant Silvergun are Daytona and Panzer Dragoon. Every other CD makes the game crash on or just after the 'Sega' screen (like mentioned above). If you can't get the swap after a while, try using different original CDs. Virtual On generally seems the easiest to swap with out of my collection.

That's why faqs exist, moron. Ask something that the documentation you find here can't answer.

So, don't be shit and search within the documents and the forums first.

One other recommendation, I had troubles with RSG using various programs (burner doesn't like cdr-win), the one that works best for me is Nero, tyr it out and see if that fixes your problem. Also, don't multi-task during burning.

Originally posted by Gear@June 15 2002,08:36

Thank you for that copy/paste from the Misc. section. l

I appologize for using the word "shit" as it seems to have expressed a feeling of anger as you all have stated.

I can't say that its not frustrating to see people so unwilling to offer guidance though. Just as you ask for specific information such as Burn Speed, Media Type, swap methods etc.

It could have been a lot easier to just say "Theres an FAQ in the misc. section that talks about that"===not just "LOOK IN FAQS."

LOOK IN FAQS or IN MISC SECTION only gives the "noobies" the impression that their being ignored and swept asside.

I just recently got myself a saturn but ive been in this scene a long time. Funny how I feel like im starting over again. THanks for the info though. Appreciated.

Back