Radiant Silvergun

I burned Radiant Silvergun using Fireburner. When i place the CD into my PC and browse the cd contents, it shows no files at all on the disk. I'm sure that everything was wrote to the CD because i can see the ring on the CD where the information has been burned to the disk and write clicking on the disk drive shows that the disk has about 240mb of info.

Unfortunately i can't test the game on my saturn yet because i don't have it with me.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?

Are you using the trial version of Fireburner, registered or a serial that you, ahem, found?

I don't know about Fireburner, but CDRWin has 'blacklisted' serials (ones that have been widely distributed) and will only produce coasters with them.

Maybe Fireburner is the same. ???

Fireburner is shit...simple as that
laugh.gif
Get Nero, ive never heard of that not working
smile.gif
Also, i had that same problem with Fireburner, mal could be on to something here. Either way your better off trying Nero...

Originally posted by mal@Aug. 03 2002, 12:45 pm

Nero??

CDRWin is the way to go.
biggrin.gif

CDRWin is the most incompatible piece of shit software...ive ever seen
laugh.gif
mal, thanks to your reply, ill now be doing this
wut.gif

In that case, my set up must be absolute perfection.
biggrin.gif

I've never had a problem with CDRWin.

If you're going to do that, I've got a brick wall for you to work on.
laugh.gif

Damn it!!!
wut.gif
My computer is set up perfect
laugh.gif
Seriously though, ive tried CDRWin on my computer(obviously) and several friends computers and it just wouldnt detect the CD Burners.When it did(once) it would give error messages whenever id attempt to burn a disc ??? I assure you, when i say Nero is the most compatible burning software, ever!!!I installed Nero on 8 different computers, and it worked on all of them
smile.gif
Have you ever tried Nero?

My brother swears by Nero - he's into VCDs - but I've never felt the need to try it.

With CDRWin working 100% and CDmage being a top piece of software, I need nothing else.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mal@Aug. 03 2002, 1:40 pm

My brother swears by Nero - he's into VCDs - but I've never felt the need to try it.

With CDRWin working 100% and CDmage being a top piece of software, I need nothing else.
biggrin.gif

I feel the same way, except id replace CDRWin with Nero
smile.gif

Originally posted by Skiad-ops@Aug. 03 2002, 3:27 pm

I burned Radiant Silvergun using Fireburner. When i place the CD into my PC and browse the cd contents, it shows no files at all on the disk. I'm sure that everything was wrote to the CD because i can see the ring on the CD where the information has been burned to the disk and write clicking on the disk drive shows that the disk has about 240mb of info.

Unfortunately i can't test the game on my saturn yet because i don't have it with me.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?

Have you tried reading it on a different computer? If the same thing happens, it could mean it wasn't properly closed when burning. Try using IsoBuster to read the CD if you can't do it with Windows Explorer.

mal and cww80: I have both CDRWin and Nero installed. Both works great although I use CDRWin more. It's nice to have a choice.
smile.gif

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Aug. 03 2002, 3:29 pm

mal and cww80: I have both CDRWin and Nero installed. Both works great although I use CDRWin more. It's nice to have a choice.
smile.gif

I wish i had that option ???

I used Isobuster and i could see the files, but i could see the iso and wav files the same as they were in the folder i kept them before i wrote them to the cd, so it looks like i've got a new coaster.

I'll try again using Nero this time.

Originally posted by Skiad-ops@Aug. 04 2002, 2:57 pm

I used Isobuster and i could see the files, but i could see the iso and wav files the same as they were in the folder i kept them before i wrote them to the cd, so it looks like i've got a new coaster.

I'll try again using Nero this time.

Hehe, looks like you burned yourself a data CD rather than a mixed mode CD. It's a coaster if your goal was to create a Saturn backup, but it's still good for backing up the ISO+WAV files as you can use them again for a future burn.

When trying with Nero, create yourself a cue sheet first either manually by following The_Morph's faq or by using Lodger's Sega Cue Maker. The cue sheet can be used with CDRWin, BlindWrite, and FireBurner as well. Just load the cue sheet, select speed, and burn.

BTW, since Radian Silvergun is a Japanese coded game and assuming you have a U.K. Saturn, it's recommended that you patch the country code of the ISO file to E for Europe using the Saturn Country Code Changer or SatConv found in the Miscellaneous page.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Aug. 04 2002, 6:29 am

mal and cww80: I have both CDRWin and Nero installed.

Me too. I don't think I've ever used Nero though.

I guess different programs work differently for different computers. Nero has been almost completely useless to me, I only use it for premastering now (Last 3 saturn games I burned were readable in my pc, but NOT on my saturn, CDRWin worked perfectly though).

I guess it depends on the pc, I know a lot of people that prefer Nero over DiskJuggler cause it always gives them coasters, but DiskJuggler has ALWAYS worked for me and its nero that usually gives me the coasters.

Aaargh!

I downloaded Nero but it couldn't detect my CD writer so i tried Blindwrite instead. I made a Cue sheet using a program found at the link you provided and used it with Blindwrite. The disk turned out exactly the same as the others.

I know it's not the CD writing software, the CDR brand or the computer which is causing the problems. What am i doing wrong?

Back