RAW - Another World for Sega Saturn.

Just to resurrect a months old topic.

Recently I had an interesting turn of events in my situation, so I might get enough time to start homebrewing again!

I'd like to pick up my beloved Saturn again (and the Master System, but the guys at Neoflash are apparently ignoring my order for a MKIII flash cart and every mail I send to them doesn't get an answer...sigh), so I dusted off my toolchain and started reworking/cleaning my libraries, and preparing a final release of the Another World port with a few features I put in my Flashback port and never backported.

hkzlab said:
Just to resurrect a months old topic.

Recently I had an interesting turn of events in my situation, so I might get enough time to start homebrewing again!

I'd like to pick up my beloved Saturn again (and the Master System, but the guys at Neoflash are apparently ignoring my order for a MKIII flash cart and every mail I send to them doesn't get an answer...sigh), so I dusted off my toolchain and started reworking/cleaning my libraries, and preparing a final release of the Another World port with a few features I put in my Flashback port and never backported.

great news! good to see you again here
smile.gif

What's wrong with the one he posted here RAW - Another World for Sega Saturn.
No, I have some questions about the raw's file. The main question is which version of the PC game I apply the internal datafiles on the RAW to turn in ISO, the European (Another World) or American version (Out of This World) in the root of the disk?

Can I transfer everything inside the bin file folder to the raw-0.1.1 folder to gather all the other files and generate the ISO through the PC program? is this how it works?

And which other useful programmes do I need to generate the iso file and that works on Windows 10 other than mkisofs (which unfortunately only works on Linux)?

Do you have any tutorial on that?

I await your reply and thank you in advance.

No, I have some questions about the raw's file. The main question is which version of the PC game I apply the internal datafiles on the RAW to turn in ISO, the European (Another World) or American version (Out of This World) in the root of the disk?

Can I transfer everything inside the bin file folder to the raw-0.1.1 folder to gather all the other files and generate the ISO through the PC program? is this how it works?

And which other useful programmes do I need to generate the iso file and that works on Windows 10 other than mkisofs (which unfortunately only works on Linux)?

Do you have any tutorial on that?

I await your reply and thank you in advance.
mkisofs works on windows, you just need one compiled for windows using cygwin. I went ahead and uploaded the version I had to the resources section, though it's slightly outdated from the current cdrecord package. You can find it here.

Looks like the README_SATURN.TXT from the archive actually has pretty specific instructions, it mentions the files should be in the root folder so that means you basically want to dump all of it inside the same folder with no sub-directories.

As far as edition I don't know if it matters what version of the game you get as to whether the checksums will differ or not. You can always run md5 hashes and compare.

Reactions: vbt
Ohh I didn't know that Another World and Flashback had homebrew ports in Saturn.

It would be also cool if someone ported the Another World's sequel: Heart of The Alien (Mega CD)

There is an engine and is open source that ported it to other systems, if someone here is capable and interested for a challenge:

PS: Sorry for necroposting.

Back