Real file order on a CD

vbt

Staff member
Just a simple technical question is there a way to get the real file order of a CD as it is described on the TOC of a CD ? I tried to recompose a CD and the game displayed for instance wrong textures or returns to console BIOS menu.

Yes, IsoBuster can export the filesystem in LBA order:

• right-click on the blue icon filesystem
  • Copy Tree-Info to file
  • LBA, Relative Path
Then, use F2S to convert the exported text file (i.e., "FileList.txt") to to a sort text file (e.g., "sort.txt"). You can reference that sort text file when builing an ISO with MKISOFS.EXE as shown here.
wink.gif

Naturally, CDMage does this too. Open the image, click on the data track, click on the "LBA" column to sort by LBA and then press CTRL+C to copy the file list as it is currently displayed onto the clipboard.

I use buildcd to make CD, I'd like to know if mkisofs is easier to use ? Each time it takes me a lot of time to make a cti file. Also I still have a problem on CDDA file on Saturn Cd. THey are visible into the CD file list but they are audio tracks instead of being simple files. If I extract the file and recreate the ISO I have the feeling the CDDA is taken as a simple file instead of an audio track. So how to to map these files tob e considered as an audio track ? Mayb my feeling is wrong and I have an another problem.

No idea about CDDA files on saturn CDs ? Aslo is tre a cti file generator Or will I have to make it ? I'm sure it's not hard to make.

If you'd like to try Sega's tools, the script syntax is documented in the Virtual CD System User's Manual and its supplement.

I couldn't find anything relevant when glancing through the mkisofs manual, but AFAIK the Playstation people used a Sony tool called CDGen to make the ctis. You should be able to find this tool easily, it's all over the net.

Originally posted by antime@Jul 3, 2003 @ 01:15 AM

I couldn't find anything relevant when glancing through the mkisofs manual, but AFAIK the Playstation people used a Sony tool called CDGen to make the ctis. You should be able to find this tool easily, it's all over the net.

I have CD Gen and I no more use it, I didn't like this tool it made wrong cti files (with ccs2cti),I wasn't azble to use those files wilth buildcd
sad.gif
But also I need a tool like that.

Thanks for the links I will try Sega tools this WE and if I can a little before
biggrin.gif

Back