Rebuilding SF3

Knight0fDragon

Patron Supporter
Is there some weird thing that I am missing when trying to rebuild shining force 3?

What I am using is VCDTools

what I do

rip first 32k for system IP.bin

change the systemarea inside the scr to match that of the game

add the rest of the files in alphabetical order

then use cyber warrior Xs prog

In a case where the said game is using only one data track, it's probably best to use mkisofs. There's already a number of threads cover the program, I'll let you check it out for yourself.

Cyber Warrior X

Does the unix version only support the -g option? Because I have the windows version using cygwin and it doesnt let me do that

.... hmm nevermind i think its working now, funky PC sound tune coming from the binary of this file

this is what I used

mkisofs -sysid "SEGA SEGASATURN" -volid "El_Faitin" -volset "Kordamp" -publisher "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -preparer "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -appid "El_Faitin" -abstract "abs.txt" -copyright "cpy.txt" -biblio "bib.txt" -generic-boot d:\2ip.bin -full-iso9660-filenames -o sl.iso "d:\sf3"

where d:\sf3 is where my SF3 files are and 2ip.bin is the first 32k of SF3 ripped. I also added a wav to accomidate the second track. nothing seems to work, when I use the IP from the segasms emulator, it goes to the sega logo then doesnt go any farther

Back