Remember that Mario 3 video...

Well it was a fake.

http://www.sohh.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410941

I couldn't find the original thread this was discussed in, so I started a new one. I kinda figured this is what the guy was doing--using an emulator to save and frame by frame everything. But everyone said they thought it was real, so I kept my mouth shut. It was inhuman, and the guy that made it even admits it.

This makes my super mario bros feat of beating world 8-3 with ~240 remaining even more profound or something. I did it several times, but when i tried recording it I couldn't quite do it, the video captured has me at the last steps with 247 remaining, and choking and falling off the first step. I'd probably be able to do it now that i got another smb cart; nesterdc has a tiny lag.

is 8-3 the stage with the bricks in the background shaped like castles (you are talking about mario 1 right)? I usually take that stage at a full run without stopping lol. I've never really bothered to look at my time.

yeah, that one, i do the same thing, i've found that when i slow down, i'm prone to make mistakes, the only problem is that I can't time my jump properly enough at the end to jump from step to perhaps one more step to flag.

yeah, I'm the same way, unless I have b held down and forward held down, I'm likely to either land in front of something I meant to land on, or land in a pit or something lol.

It's fake, but all moves he did were legit. Theoretically, what he did can be acheived, but would need a hell of a lot of practice.

Back