Rent A Hero No. 1

Originally posted by Yakumo@ Segagaga Domain

Rent A Hero No. 1 is based upon the original Mega Drive game Rent A Hero, in fact it's the same game as far as I can tell but now in 3D. Rent a Hero is a true cult classic in Japan which explains the low budget for this DC release but don't let that put you off as Rent A Hero No.1 is a fun game. Using the Spike Out game engine with it's heavy use of textures (a reason why this is ported to the XBOX and NOT PS2) with a mixture of Japanese humor and tasks to do such as playing the hero in a super market show or going shopping for a person because they are to busy to go them self will keep you playing just to see what comes next. If you've ever played Segagaga then you'll know what to expect from Sega's humor.

Link

rentahero-front.jpg
rentahero-back.jpg

I tried playing this on the DC. The entire thing was in Japanese. With the story being such a huge part of the game, I don't think we can really say much about this game....i couldn't even get out of the first area!

I also looked longingly at this game when the DC was first coming out in the U.S. I hoped and hoped for a U.S. release, but never got one. :(

It looks like a really cool game though.

and you know what?

It looks like the same fate for Xbox as well...

it's out now in Japan but haven't heard any plan for this on either US or PAL Xbox...

cheers

I wish the US X versions was released. This games is so totally kickass. It also features Segata Sanshiro in it.

I wanted to see this ported to the xbox, I too have it for the DC but again, being that its entirely in japanese dosen't help play the game.

At the time of its original release I was hoping it would have had a us release at least (I'm in the uk), but sadly that never happened.

This game reminds me of many other dc games which looked great but were either cancelled or never translated.

I might try and play it using one of the faqs or something, I had a Megadrive rom which had only had the 1st part of the game translated, if I remember right.

Originally posted by cypher-s@Wed, 2005-01-05 @ 11:12 PM

At the time of its original release I was hoping it would have had a us release at least (I'm in the uk), but sadly that never happened.

This game reminds me of many other dc games which looked great but were either cancelled or never translated.

I might try and play it using one of the faqs or something, I had a Megadrive rom which had only had the 1st part of the game translated, if I remember right.

[post=127162]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I agree. I always wanted to play games like this, Segaga and hundred Swords.

Would it be difficult to make a fanmade translation patch for this game? I'm just wondering if it's difficult to do homebrew translation work for the DC.

Yeah, I agree. I always wanted to play games like this, Segaga and hundred Swords.

Hundred Swords got an English-language release on the PC, although as I understand it, some of the story was cut out. It's not a great game, it plays really slow for an RTS and is rather simple. Still, it's worth checking out for the 2d art in it, which is great.

Back