Resetting DC internal memory....

Theres an option to do it in Dream Key (Not sure on US browsers..) otherwise you can take the battery out or leave your system unplugged for 4 weeks
wink.gif

If it is the modem settings you are wanting to clear, then leaving it turned off for a long period of time won't help. The modem settings are stored in Flash.

There might be a utility to clear these settings, but I'm not sure. Try http://www.boob.co.uk

no no no no, I am talkin about the internal setting, ya know the date/time as well as the browser settings. It erases all the memory saved in the DC, make u input it again. If anyone has the manual that come with the DC it's prob in there, check it out. but thanks anyways guys.

I'm looking in my DC manual right now, so if I find it I'll tell you.

There's a big warning that says not to touch the analog thumbpad or the shoulder triggers while the DC is booting so just remember DON'T!

EDIT:

Do you really need to reset the internal memory? If it's the date/time you want to change, you know you can just do that in the option screen.

No luck so far.

I've checked, and double checked, and triple checked the manual, but there's nothing in there.

I've also tried holding down A,B,X,Y,START and booting, but that doesn't work either.

I'm stumped.

At least one version of the web browser does it if you hold A+B+X+Y (maybe +START?) on controller B until it gets to the promo screen advertising whatever their favorite ISP was at the time.

The dirty way to do it is to open up the case and unplug the ribbon between the mainboard and the controller port/battery board, leave it unplugged for about 20 seconds, then plug it back in and reassemble.

Hmmm, alright. The reason I am doing this is because I have tried everything else to get my seaman game to work. it works on all my firend's machines but not mine
sad.gif

Take off the top part of your dreamcast, you should see a lithium batter wtih a ring of blue around it. You need to make contact with both sides of the battery, so get a safety pin or whatever and have both sides touch, you don't need to hold there for more than a second, if you do you could mess something up.....

This was part of the swap trick to play import DC games before all those new fangled chips 'n boot discs came out, what a pain in the ass.

From the HW FAQ at GameFaqs:

2.2.11 How do I reset the internal memory?

- Plug a controller into port b, then put the Sega web browser into the

machine. Turn on the system while holding down buttons B and X. Continue to

hold them until the Web Browser's login screen appears.

This erases all internet settings.

If you leave your Dreamcast off for a few weeks the memory loses it's

charge and you will have to enter the date and internet settings again.

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@Oct. 05 2002, 4:45 am

You can't just leave it off, it has to be unplugged.... my DC was off for 6 weeks one holiday and was fine when I got back....

Anyways, you can earse the data or alter it with this tool here: http://mc.pp.se/dc/fisa.html

No, just leaving it off will do it. My DC is plugged in 24/7, but after not using it for a few weeks, I always need to reset the clock/date. It doesn't wipe the modem settings though.

Originally posted by Artemio Urbina@Oct. 03 2002, 3:30 am

From the HW FAQ at GameFaqs:

2.2.11 How do I reset the internal memory?

- Plug a controller into port b, then put the Sega web browser into the

machine. Turn on the system while holding down buttons B and X. Continue to

hold them until the Web Browser's login screen appears.

This erases all internet settings.

If you leave your Dreamcast off for a few weeks the memory loses it's

charge and you will have to enter the date and internet settings again.

ive used that method with planetweb 2.606, it does work

what exactly isnt working with seaman?

well, it just wont boot on my dc. will on the 4-5 other dc's I have tried just not on mine. only game that wont either, it's in good cond. too.

Back