Reversing Saturn Isos

slinga

Established Member
Hey all,

Anyone here have any luck reverse engineering Saturn games? Apparently the Advanced version (not the Pro version) of IDA Pro has support for Sh2. I would love to mess around with it, just for kicks.

What tools would you recommend? I can't seem to find a demo version for the advanced version of IDA.

I don't know... Somehow I seem to recall doing that sort of thing once upon a time... ;)

Some clarification on IDA Pro, there's support for SH-3 and SH-4. But it just so happens that SH series of processors are backwards compatible, so you shouldn't have a problem specifying the processor type as SH-3, even though your code is SH-2 code.

The demo for IDA Pro only works with win32 x86 code iirc or something along those lines.

There's other means of finding ida pro advanced *cough* *cough*, but if you're -really- serious and have a around $900 to blow, you'll have to buy a license to have SH series cpu support.

Sadly, there really is no competition to IDA Pro. I mean sure there's some nice disassembler and debuggers out there for x86, etc. but for the 50+ processor families that IDA Pro supports, good luck. I think the most I've seen for a disassembler was like support for 3 different processors(none of which were an SH) and the software was in the very early stages of development.

Cyber Warrior X

Back