rgb problem and 50/60 hz problem

i have 2 problems with my saturn (1. generation v1 - pal version)

1. i have a rgb scart cable, if i connect it to my tv, it is black. if i connect it on av2 an my tv it works (without rgb funktion). i have test it on 2 another tv, with the same result.

2. i make a switch on jp1 for 50-60 hz, if i chance it to 60 hz, the screen is with black and white lines . what can i do

my tv is noname but i dont have problems with (psx,ps2,dc,gc,xbox with rgb and 60hz)

sorry for my bad english :)

Yours sincerely

big boss

1. It maybe that you have just an AV lead that uses a SCART connector, rather than an RGB lead. I've heard that those exist.

2. The JP1 mod doesn't work with all types of Saturns. It could be that it doesn't work with yours. Maybe try the other 50/60Hz mod instead.

1. It maybe that you have just an AV lead that uses a SCART connector, rather than an RGB lead. I've heard that those exist

- i thing, if it not a rgb lead, why are the screen is black on av1 (that is vor normal av, rgb, svhs)

The JP1 mod doesn't work with all types of Saturns. It could be that it doesn't work with yours. Maybe try the other 50/60Hz mod instead.

- have you the other tutorial for saturn v1 (i have not found it in web)

Make sure your TV is not trying to display an S-video picture

-can i cut a wire on rgb-lead, that send the s-video signals? is that possible ?

i have add the picture for the 50-60 hz mod

thanks for your helps

big boss

Attachments

• saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    326.5 KB · Views: 96
  • saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    326.5 KB · Views: 96
  • saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    saturn_v1__50_60.gif
    326.5 KB · Views: 95
Originally posted by big boss@Feb 15, 2004 @ 04:46 PM

-can i cut a wire on rgb-lead, that send the s-video signals? is that possible ?

No, because the same leads are used. Note that if the AV1 socket on your TV doesn't accept S-video this is not the problem. The cable is supposed to signal what mode is used but the feature doesn't always work as it should. Selecting the input mode manually from the TV set usually fixes the problem.

i can't change it manuel. 1 have use all my rgb-stuff(psx,dc,xbox...) on av1, because av2 have not rgb.(if i connect it on av2, that works without rgb)

i think i buy me a new rgb-lead.

what can i do for the 50-60hz mod. I mod it exactly the same as in the picture with a switch on-off.

big boss

Big Boss don't buy another lead, I have the exact same problem as you.

My 28" Sanyo TV has 2 scart sockets the first is RGB compatible the 2nd is just AV, when I plug my saturn into the RGB socket I get a black screen with sound, when I plug it into the 2nd AV socket I get full picture and sound but without the obvious crispness of RGB mode.

I went and bought another RGB lead from a different source but got exactly the same problem, gonna go try fiddling about with the input mode on my tv like antime suggested.

I also have performed the same 50/60hz switch mod, as well as added a mod chip and a country mod switch.

Open your lead at the SCART end and check how/if pins 8 and 16 are connected. AFAIK pin 16 should be 1-3V for RGB and pin 8 may have to be 9.5-12V. While you're at it, check how the rest of the pins are connected.

thanks at all,

i buy a new rgb-lead and a new saturn (grey round ejekt) and a mod chip(EBAY). :D

i hope, that i have not the same problems with rgb with my new saturn.

I also have performed the same 50/60hz switch mod, as well as added a mod chip and a country mod switch

-if that work by you?

Open your lead at the SCART end and check how/if pins 8 and 16 are connected. AFAIK pin 16 should be 1-3V for RGB and pin 8 may have to be 9.5-12V. While you're at it, check how the rest of the pins are connected

-i havent the technik-instruments for it.

My 50/60hz mod works fine, as does my country mod, I should have mentioned I have a model 2 saturn not a model 1 don't know if that makes a difference.

I tried messing around with the input mode on my tv I could select between S-Video and Video both would go black but still have sound, gonna open up the scart lead tonight and check pin 16 and pin 8.

Back