RIPPING A PCE CD

I want to know how to rip a PCE cd. I have Dracula X and I wantot rip it and host it on my server. I can not find a way to riop it. The only success I have had is my friend making a perfect copy using clone cd and doing some wired things with it's settings. I don't know how to use Clone CD and I want a rip that is almost universal for most burning programs.

If you want it to work and be "almost universal", ripping session-at-once to a bin/cue is pretty much the only way to go.

CDRWIN.

Extract discs/tracks/sectors

(put cd in cdrw drive)

Extract mode = disc image/cuesheet

Enter a filename. (suggested = Akumajyou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (J) )

Reading options: check 'raw', 'cd-text', & 'mcn/isrc'. (no cd+g) Error recovery = abort, jitter correction = enable, subcode analysis = full. Data speed = 1, audio speed = 4. Read retry count = 20, subcode threshold = 300.

click start

find your image (if you didn't set a specific directory for the rip, then the image will be in the cdrwin folder).

check to see if you don't have any crap like "catalog 00000" at the start of cuesheet, and make sure you have a pregap of 2 seconds (not 1.74) before audio tracks.

rar it, put on ftp and thanks. This is probably the 'radiant silvergun equivelant' for the PCD CD in terms of popularity, although, I aint downloading it, as I already have it :p Cheers!

Thanks. I got the rip made and it is now avalible on the server. Here is a rundown of my rip. The First track is the audio warning saying it is a game disc and what not, track 2 is all the game data with a 3 second pregap. Tracks 3 to 21 background music and speech with no pregaps and Track 22 is the copy protection data also with a 3 second pregap. This rip should work will Real PCE's (slight modification may be needed, but I really can't test this theory). The 3 second pregap for the data track and no pregap with the audio tracks keeps everything in sync with the games operation. If there was a pregap of 2 seconds between each track it would get rather messy, the music would be 2 seconds late on the first audio track, then 4 seconds late on the second audio track and then 6 and so on; as the game reads the music by it's sector location and not by the track number. The original fix for the audio problem was fussing all the tracks together but then you can't pop the game CD into a CD player and enjoy the great music.

Thanks again to CrazyGoon ExCyber

Yup, sounds like you did some research. Will we be seeing more pce cd releases in the future, tepes? or was this the only one you had? :cool: Cheers.

well this is my only release for PCE because I dont' have any other games. I'm just a big CastleVania fan and I have had the disc for a while and I just wanted to make sure that my rip was done properly.

Back