Ripping games...but they won't burn.

I used CDRWIN to rip from the originals, following the tutorial on this site to the letter. However, when I try to burn from the cuesheet in Nero, it's saying the completed disc will be around 4 GB, so naturally, it won't burn it. Is there any way around this? The BIN files are usually around 400MB...I dunno why Nero's saying the final disc would be 10x larger. Other games I ripped at the same time (Fighters Megamix and Thunder Force V) worked fine.

Nero has a known problem with multiple binary tracks of different formats. If the game doesn't actually need the tracks to be in a specific format you could convert them to a single format using CDMage or another suitable program. (Of course, you could use CDRWin to burn as well.)

That question is moot as you won't be able to convert a BIN image the way he suggested - not for a Saturn game, I mean.

Indeed, why don't you just use CDRWin to burn instead of Nero?

if you can still access your original you ripped from you can just do a direct copy as well (using just about any cd writing software)

if not theres fireburner for bin/cue, but recent versions of that have been crappy, so if you can use cdrwin id recommend using that instead

he's right.... since you already use Nero.... just initiate a CD-Copy with that instead of ripping with CDRWin.... Nero will use its native .nrg format to make an image file which it will have no problem burning back....

Even so, though, I actually prefer CloneCD for making Saturn backups. There seems to be a small risk of messing up the gaps between tracks on some Saturn originals, with most CD recording software - unless it makes raw backups like CloneCD does.

This is because the gaps themselves may contain various types of unreadable sectors (invalid data) which may inadvertently get "fixed" during copying or replaced with zeroes or what-have-you, and sometimes that causes the backup not to work. The Saturn is picky like that...

Back