Road Blaster on Saturn vs Mega CD

Hi,

Just got the double pack of Road Blaster and Thunderstorm FX for the Saturn. Now, i know that the video is a little bit clearer than on the Mega CD version, but the gameplay seems like absolute crap in comparison to the mega cd version.

Has anyone else played this and got any comments?

Well besides using the original arcade music, the control does seem a bit loose and the timing in this one is very sensitive.

In fact its pretty much impossible to pass the first level, though on the mega cd one i could easily get to the 4th. I prefer the mega cd one due to control and music, though this one is alot more arcade acurate.

very true,

i did find road balster very touchy. When it gives you directions, you must do it for the duration, otherwise you crash. Unlike the mega cd version were you can just press the button for a split second.

Did the arcade version of Road blaster have that cross hair on the screen too?

Edit,

dj898, i wish i could afford the time gal / ninja double pack, but the price of it has gone through the roof in the last couple of years.

I had Time Gal on mega cd, and found that to be quite hard and very unforgiving.

I have factory sealed saturn timegal/ninja hayate pack so that's why I ask - no intention of opening that one up yet... :p

Back