Rpg lovin

ok....i figured i should see if we can get off the ftp topic. it ain'tcoming back unless management changes their collective minds so, i wanted to check out some reveiws or opinions. what was your fav. rp for sega systems? also, if ya wanna post any other favorite rpgs for other systems feel free...and if ya got an rpg that ya think i might enjoy, then please state it...is a rpg fanatic. personally, i think lunar series and shining force series was the best for sega. FF and breath of fire series for playstation/snes/nes.

Lynx

I really don't like RPGs, but I loved the Shining Force series (played SF1 @ least 5x). The SegaCD version was outstanding as well.

Which lends to a question: is there a 3rd installment on the SCD version? I know 1&2 are on there - I read somewhere that w/ a memory cart you can play the third - is it true?

i believe you are thinking of the one game, that in order to play a specific area, after you completed everything else, you needed the memory cart, as the game took so much memory that there was no room for your save in the Sega CD RAM

sf was a great series. it was one of best rpg/tactical series i have played. i really got into the series alot, but i have never gotten to play any sega cd/saturn versions. wish i had though..it was great for the sega genesis and sega pocket. any others?

Lynx

Don't forget the Phantasy Star Series. Phantasy Star II was my favorite. On the SNES side it was Secret of Mana, and Final Fantasy Tactics for PSX.

Shining Series

Lunar

Phantasy Star

Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun (albeit easy)

Wanderers from Ys

Ys III

Story of Thor

Super Hydlide

Beyond Oasis

quite a few good RPGs, considering 56 colors out of 512

phantasy star was great, but i never could get into the story(watched my friend play it). i liked ff tactics alot(hence it is added in with my earlier list) , but i was never good at the ad-n-d games. of course, i never played the ones for sega so they prbably were better.

Lynx

The first Phantasy Star had no story whatsoever, it was among the first batch of console RPGs. Find and defeat the evil boss. Period. No events, plot twists, and stuff, aside from finding the other characters, everything was static.

It was all about gameplay. I remember the 3D dungeons, the battles... oh man, it kicked so much arse.

PS1 had the most fun dungeons in the whole series, IMO.

Shining Force 3 on Saturn

Mario RPG on Snes

Paper Mario on N64

Grandia 2 on DC

Story of Thor on Gen

Shining Force 3 is my all time fave overall, but I have only played the first scenario so far ???

Originally posted by M3d10n@Aug. 25 2002, 2:32 am

The first Phantasy Star had no story whatsoever, it was among the first batch of console RPGs. Find and defeat the evil boss. Period. No events, plot twists, and stuff, aside from finding the other characters, everything was static.

It was all about gameplay. I remember the 3D dungeons, the battles... oh man, it kicked so much arse.

No events? How about when Dr. Mad killed Myau?,

assuming one was dumb enough to give him Myau...

Sorry, myau...

I thought PS II had the best dungeons, PSI dungeons made me feel lonesome, especially those cold blue walls of the dungeons of Dezo, er Dezolis er Dezoris... maybe that's what made them good, the atmosphere that transcended.

here are some of my favs :

Ys 1 on SMS

Shining Force 1 on MD

Shadowrun on MD

Snatcher on MCD

Shining Force 3 on SS

For me Shining Force 1 was the best shining game ever made, even Shining Force 3 isn't better.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Aug. 26 2002, 2:32 am

I am not EVEN going to get into this one, but I have ONE question.

How old are you?

i'd add to the ps comets, but i haven't ever played...sorry ??? however, i do know that Landstalker was one of my fav. rpgs. a matter a fact, it was the first i everplayed. it was great. i could never beat the ending boss, though my best friend(at that time, for i was in florida and now im in ky.) tried one night while i slept and wooped him...pissed me off cuse he didn't remember the ending(so he said :
wink.gif
: ) and he couldn't beat it again..i kept trying till i got to ky. then, my dad burned my genesis and all the games i had because my brothers fought over it all the time
ohmy.gif
. i was sad, but then i got a.....SUPER NINTENDO! and then life was good once again. tis when i got a hold of a game called breath of fire and i was forever changed..
tongue.gif

Lynx

Back