Rpg's, i just don't get them....

just ask the people at gamefaqs.com how to spell gamememememememd derr i canb speel weel
sarcasm.gif

to brind...

I also used to play "mindless brawlers" only until i tried Chrono Trigger, then Xenogears, then Chrono Cross...

I play RPG's for the story, not so much the game... it's like enjoying a movie 10-50 times the normal movie length. You don't beat up people in movies, right?
smile.gif

but if you still prefer fighters and brawlers, here are the best games I've played:

MSH, XvSF, MvSF, MvC, MvC2, CvS, CvS2, KOF98, KOF99, GGX, SFA2, SFA3...

sorry for the abbreviations, just try searching them out. But try GGX, CvS, if you haven't yet.

and one beatemup/sidescroller that you HAVE to try... BARE KNUCKLE/STREETS OF RAGE!!! I mean if you're a brawler-type guy and you don't like this... "you're not human"!!!
smile.gif

No one mentioned mentioned one of my favorites, Dark Savior. I love that game. The fight scenes are pseudo 3D - virtua fighter-esque (although, not admittedly not terribly hard).

I'm a lot like you, and this is one of the few that I really, truly enjoyed every moment of playing.

NHL Breakaway is not terribly great. I haven't played 2 player with it though. I think you'd be better off playing Blades of Steel (NES) or NHLPA'93(SGen).
biggrin.gif

If I want more action in an RPG, I'd much rather play Guardian Heroes than Legend of Oasis. I just have a hard time getting into any of those Zelda type game. (I've had that discussion before over at NX. )

Originally posted by racketboy@Jun 23, 2004 @ 10:50 PM

If I want more action in an RPG, I'd much rather play Guardian Heroes than Legend of Oasis. I just have a hard time getting into any of those Zelda type game. (I've had that discussion before over at NX. )

It looks you're more into necromancy-based games, lately, heh?

Gotta get me a shotgun, 'cuz the board is being flooded by the undead threads!

Originally posted by M3d10n@Jun 23, 2004 @ 11:11 PM

Gotta get me a shotgun, 'cuz the board is being flooded by the undead threads!

Yeah - control yourself racketboy :ph34r:

I am --- by refraining from going of on a tangent about how to define RPG's :lol: :p

Back