Saturn Action Replay 4M plus or Saturn Satellite?

I was curious as to which would better suit my needs...

I want to play JAP imports etc. Does the action replay automatically allow the play of an import, or must one select the region from a startup menu? I would like a memory card as well...IF the 4 in 1 is troublesome, I might just get a Satellite since it is cheaper. What are the pros and cons of each?

a good thing about the 4 in 1 carts is that it has the extra ram for the games that need it (like the capcom games), the satellite is just a to allows play other region's games. The 4 in 1 does not have a menu for what region to play, it just plays them all (but you will still get a different startup menu for the cheating stuff) the backup memory on the 4 in 1's do not support direct save so you need to copy any gamesaves to it through the carts interface (the one you get on bootup)

But don't be confused if you dont see this feature (playing gamed from other regions) listed on the box cover or in the menu. It was an unsupported feature they threw in at the last moment with no guarantee's it would work but I have yet to find a game it did'nt work on.

Yeah, I'm with you totally on that one. The St-key is fine but the flexibility of the 4-1 is much more flexible. No need to worry about switching out cartridges in the middle of game play, that can fry your unit. It's worth the investment.

The place my friend bought his from said it had the ability to play backups, like a mod-chip. It doesn't work. Wondering if that was just a load of crap.

Back