Saturn AV Cable

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ratamahatta

Ho would one go about making this cable if you have the materials? I aquired 2 saturns but both dont have the av cables. thats all i need to get them working. arakon, you may be of some help

ExCyber

Staff member
The Saturn 10-pin connector, while apparently a standard mini-DIN (tiny German standards organization?) connector, seems to be #### near impossible to find as far as I've seen. Are you sure you can get it?

As for the pinout, that can be found here.

edit: link was screwed

(Edited by ExCyber at 3:12 am on Mar. 21, 2002)

Raijin Z

Very handy. Would be even handier if I had an RGB monitor. u_u Le sigh.

Ratamahatta

When he says connect it to the internals of the saturn, where exactly does he mean, it would be handy to have a permanently connected a/v cable.

Ringwraith

Website
ringwraithe.tripod.com
http://www.gamesx.com/

This site has all the info you need to make one. I was actually looking into this because I have a full size arcade cab (4 actually ) I'm going to put my Saturn in. I allready did it with my Sega CD, Genesis, 32X, and Powerbase converter.

Ratamahatta

If I had thick enough wires, wouldnt I just be able to tie them into the plugs that they are supposed to be assigned to and then tie all that into the av out plugs?

Ringwraith

Website
ringwraithe.tripod.com
Well,.....................................

There is a right way, and a wrong way to do things,...........................................................

That would be the wrong way. Did you check out the link? Make a trip to radio Shack for the things you need. Then cut an extra cable and splice the new connector on. Unless you have more than one Saturn, I wouldn't suggest making it a permanent fixture,........ You may get a big screen or something and want to hook it up there,..............

Ratamahatta

I meant a permanent hookup into the back of the saturn, I have 3 systems and I would actually like one to go into my arcade cabinet at a later date, but until that time i'd like to put it thru ####.

mal

Website
Visit site
Quote: from Ratamahatta on 2:34 am on Mar. 22, 2002

When he says connect it to the internals of the saturn, where exactly does he mean, it would be handy to have a permanently connected a/v cable.

I think it refers to soldering directly to where the AV socket attaches to the PCB. It would take a little working out, but nothing major.