Saturn bomberman

Hi, I haven't had much luck in making images up my Saturn CD originals, so I tried downloading a copy of Saturn Bomberman to burn to CD for my backup. I figured that this would save me half the work... anyways.

First off, I can't seem to get the .bin/.cue combination that is commonly found to burn. Nero tells me the image is 4GB! and that it wouln't fit on the CD. So, I ripped the .iso/.wav files from the .bin and made a new .cue and tried to burn again. This time I get a CD, but no matter what I do, I can not get it to boot. I checked the region code (it says it's US). All I get on the Saturn is a delayed time to recognize the disc... and when it is done it only recognizes it as an audio disc.

First, let me say, I've successfully created a few other CDs already, so I have been ability to boot CDs of other games. This one really has me at a loss though. It looks like from the CD that I made that this copy is compatable with XBAND/NETLINK, so do I possibly need to have my NetLink cart plugged in to get the game to boot?

Any help would be appriciated.

Hi, I haven't had much luck in making images up my Saturn CD originals...

What troubles have you had with backing up your originals?

That should be really easy to do. What program and method have you been using?

First off, I can't seem to get the .bin/.cue combination that is commonly found to burn. Nero tells me the image is 4GB! and that it wouln't fit on the CD.

This appears to be a common problem with Nero. I'm not sure what to do about it, as I use CDRWin. Try searching the forum for help with burning Nero.

Have you tried other burning software?

So, I ripped the .iso/.wav files from the .bin and made a new .cue and tried to burn again. This time I get a CD, but no matter what I do, I can not get it to boot. I checked the region code (it says it's US). All I get on the Saturn is a delayed time to recognize the disc... and when it is done it only recognizes it as an audio disc.

That sound like it's not burning a proper mixed mode CD.

First, let me say, I've successfully created a few other CDs already, so I have been ability to boot CDs of other games.
Are you talking about games on differeent systems, or other Saturn games?

It looks like from the CD that I made that this copy is compatable with XBAND/NETLINK, so do I possibly need to have my NetLink cart plugged in to get the game to boot?

I can understand that it is compatible with a netlink, I'd find it odd if it required one though.

Back