Saturn Coding Contest page is up!

How about changing the rules to having it runable on a real saturn only? Just because it works on the emu doesn't mean it will work on the saturn or vice-versa. The goal should be building code that works on a real saturn.

I agree on that. As none of the emulators are fully usable at the moment, i say stuff should be penalized if it does not run on the real hardware (for example, on 2.7Ghz PC, SSF might run code _faster_ than a Saturn). I'll assist anyone who needs it's code running on the real thing, as soon as my Saturn is working again, if necessary ^^;

this is great news
smile.gif

I will do my best to have an entry.

I have already a litte idea for a demo but it is a bit early ...

Slinga and TakaIsSilly: yes, it should work on a real Saturn.

And the demos should be open-source too (I think you all agree) for everyone to learn something.

I'll will add an entry on the webpage soon.

Good luck everybody.

Open source, and fully (read: heavily) commented programs. That we can learn from each other. Make that a requirement for the contest.

Requiring the sources to be released is a bad idea. Sharing examples and helping should of course be encouraged, but the decision should be left for everyone to make for themselves.

Originally posted by antime@Mar 12, 2003 @ 03:28 PM

Requiring the sources to be released is a bad idea. Sharing examples and helping should of course be encouraged, but the decision should be left for everyone to make for themselves.

it's actually not a that bad idea since one could easily cut'n'paste his way through to a somehwat 'stunning' demo. anyhow, sugesstions are great but source is always better. take me as an example: i'd rather read the code that let someone explain me what's going on in our pretty much high-level communication aka speech.
cool.gif

btw, my project will be released under GPL as soon as the contest ends.

The page is updated with some rules changes. I know the scripts arent the most proffesional, but I am learning.
blush.gif

As for my own entry, I think I have a cool idea. I jsut have to realize it. Ive started, so well see...

Back