Saturn console...where?

Ok,I know this has been asked in the past,but I feel like asking anyway.That way the info would be totally up to date.So here goes:what's the best place to get a sega saturn console? (Online auctions like ebay would really be a last resort in my case).I live in Canada,so obviously a shop/online store in this country would be the ideal for me,but I'm not counting on that too much...I guess I would not mind paying some international shipping fees as long as the store is not located in Japan or Australia...

Price wise,I'm willing to go as high as 150$(US).Can I expect to find one in this price range?

One last thing:The saturn mod chip...is it hard to solder?Compare to the playstation I mean. There's a place in my city where they instal psx(one) modchip.They do that on a regular basis.Takes them less then half an hour.Anyway I was wondering if someone who has a large experience in soldering psx modchip but who never solder anything in the saturn could easily do it.

Thanks in advance.

$150! ####, I got mine for 40 bucks off ebay. The modchip is pretty easy to solder depending on the version of Saturn you end up with. Just make sure that you buy a Model 2 Saturn. Mod chips for the Model 1 are no longer sold anywhere.

With $150 you should have no problem getting a new or used saturn with a mod board/chip and at least one or more games. Try looking for used saturns at your local pawn shops first, but if they don't have them their are few options left to you other then using online shops or auction houses. Also, seeing as how you obviously don't already own at least one saturn, you should know that the model 2 unit (the only saturn that you can get mod boards/chips for) has round buttons on it instead of oval ones.

You can get mod boards/chips from several places, but the one most people seam to use the most is www.lik-sang.com

I wish you luck on on finding what your looking for.

Holy bunk, 150 bucks? I got mine brand new from TRU like a year ago for 60, and that was with the 3pack of games. Check ebay man, you could get a nice package for that. whew.

So,if 150(US) bucks is way more then the regular price,do I must conclude that www.playthegames.com (the only online store selling saturn I found so far)have ridiculously high prices?I mean,the modded saturn they sell there are on average 149$...

"Try looking for used saturns at your local pawn shops first,"

Yeah,thats what I did a few weeks ago.Must have visited a dozen of those.Nothing...Some of the employees there told me they "used to have those"..YEARS ago.

NES, Super NES ,genesis,psx are very easy to find in these shop, but saturns..I don't think the sega saturn had a large user base.

As for ebay,I used to check there regularly but I got fed up...

*Hey,this guy sells one."Will ship to united states only"...oh well.Wait, there another one..."will ship to united states only".####...Well let's check out this one..grrrr..united states only...Well,this one better not...DOH!!!* And so on...

I'm getting tired of all of those "will ship to United States ONLY.

I guess ebay can be sometime quite useful..if you live in the US that is.

BTW Bocmaxima,what's 'TRU'

(Edited by nonick79 at 4:45 am on Jan. 23, 2002)

I got one of my saturns by trading a friend my superNES, and the other for $8. . . Keep looking for the deals...

And as far as a modchip goes, why bother?? just use a swap method

And as far as a modchip goes, why bother?? just use a swap method
Heh, the same can be said about the swap method, why bother? If nonick79 is willing or can afford to spend up to $150, there is a high chance that nonick79 will get it modded.

I'm also from Canada, I just asked people I knew until one said he had a Saturn and would sell it. Cost $30 cdn including 4 games. I've greatly enjoyed my Saturn since I got it 3 months ago.

Where in Ontario Canada are you from? I'm from Oshawa and I keep finding saturns all over the place, they are quite common for spurts at a time. Cash Converters had a model 1 and 2 saturn in their posession a little while ago.

I can just imagine a few hundred people bolting from the fairgrounds screaming and waving their arms around.

I hope someone gets it...

Anyway...If I find a saturn cheap out here I will buy it and then sell it to you and ship it wherever you may live (I assume you live outside the united states of arrogance?), as long as your willing to pay the shipping.

"How about flee markets? Almost every flee market I have ever went to has had Saturns for sale."

Haven't checked flea markets.Might give it it a try.Although the last time I checked flea markets(wasn't looking for a saturn at the time),the only thing I saw was good old(or "bad old"depending of your feelings toward nintendo) NES 8bit...They seem to be even worse then Cash Converters...

"Where in Ontario Canada are you from?"

Actually,I live in Montreal city.

"Anyway...If I find a saturn cheap out here I will buy it and then sell it to you and ship it wherever you may live (I assume you live outside the united states of arrogance?), as long as your willing to pay the shipping."

That would be great.But only model-2 saturn please :) .

Back