Saturn controller adapters.

Ever sense I got my saturn way back in '96, I have found very few things I disliked about the system. The first thing I have never liked is the huge CD cases used in the USA, and the other is the controllers. The saturns controls have always felt very cheap and poorly designed to me. So what im wondering is: Was their ever an adapter for the saturn that let you use N64 or PSX controllers on it?

Ok then, if their are no adapters, what kind of Saturn controller would you suggest using (what type do you use)? EX: Analog control, Super pad 6, etc.

I fell in love with the later model standard controller. Great for fighting games. :)

The original that came with the Model 1 Saturns feel cheap and somehoe "hollow". Perhaps that is the model you have...if so, I would HIGHLY recommend that you find the model 2 controller.

The later standard controllers are great. I've never used one of the earlier ones and was starting to wonder which planet Fabrizo was on...

The NiGHTS/3D/analog controller is my personal favorite though. I got one four months ago and haven't looked back.:)

I agree, I got a later model 2 saturn with the controller which has a d-pad from a genesis 6 button, it is by far the nicest controller I have used to date.

Yep, I have the old model 1 controller. It feels very cheap and hollow. I have never tried the model 2 controls, bvut it sure sounds like their something worth tracking down. Are their any noticable differences that I could use to tell which is which if I see one on ebay or yahoo?

Yeah, notice the round buttons and absence of LED access lights on the Saturn unit?

BTW, I've noticed that the seller (vgamer2000) has been selling those new units for some time now (i.e., several months); I wonder how many new units he/she has. LOL!

I think I'm the resident multiplayer freak around here, and of all the 10+ controllers I own, the newer model controllers are by far the best. I don't even own the stupid US pads anymore either. (they were too horrible for death tank). Though I'd probably pick them up for the #### of it one day.... Hey were they any different colored controllers released for the saturn? Like for psx, and n64? I know about the v-pads and such, but anything besides those?

Did they ever sell the model 2 controller seperate from the systems, or did they only do that with the model 1 control? I realy don't wan't to have to buy a whole new system just to get the controller.

Back