Saturn Controllers on PC

Very nice!

$39.95 is a little pricey, but would be a lot less hassle than DirectPadPro.

I wonder if it supports all Saturn controllers? (flight stick, arcade racer, 3d pad and so on)

Also for that 39.95 price you get to use ps2/psx, and dc controllers
wink.gif
I think it looks like a good buy.
cool.gif

Thats awesome I´ll get one too
biggrin.gif

"With the PC Magic Box you can use your favourite PlayStation™, PlayStation 2™, Dreamcast™ or Saturn controller on your PC. Play PC games with your favourite video game control pad! The adapter connects through USB and is compatible with Windows XP, 2000, 98 and 95.

-PC Magic Box 3in1 Converter

- Use PS/PS2 Pads on your PC

- Use Dreamcast™ Pads on your PC

- Use Saturn Pads on your PC

- Compatible with Windows XP, 2000, 98 and 95

- Connects through the PC USB port

- Will work with DANCE MATS!

- The analog sticks of the various controllers are supported, and ps2 analog buttons as well"

So I guess the nights 3d pad will work as well, sounds almost too good to be true.

With those cheaper alternatives, I might have to get one to go with my new(ish) PC.
cool.gif

I've had my eye on this thing for a while (it was on my Christmas wish-list, but never got it).

I'll probably get a couple of them soon after I get my new HTPC
smile.gif

On this topic, I remember a few years ago stumbling across a PCI or ISA card that had 2 or 4 Saturn controller ports on it on a Japanese site. It didn't give a lot of details as to drivers or anything like that, but there's no way I can remember what web site or company name or anything.

I also recall a card that came with a SEGA PC game (I think Virtua Fighter or maybe even a couple of different ones) that allowed you to hook up your Saturn controller(s). I'd love to find one of those now. I wonder how many people bought the game and threw the card out
ohmy.gif

nVidia's first graphics card allowed you to plug in Saturn controllers. Of course, it was only compatible with a handful of games (mostly Sega's PC ports) so it's pretty much useless. If you search the boards you'll find a discussion on this very subject, it had links or pics to that interface board IIRC.

Originally posted by antime@Mar 4, 2003 @ 12:57 AM

nVidia's first graphics card allowed you to plug in Saturn controllers. Of course, it was only compatible with a handful of games (mostly Sega's PC ports) so it's pretty much useless. If you search the boards you'll find a discussion on this very subject, it had links or pics to that interface board IIRC.

It had links to some technical information about the board - the Diamond Edge3D, as it was known.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Curtis+Mar 3, 2003 @ 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Mar 3, 2003 @ 11:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-antime@Mar 4, 2003 @ 12:57 AM

It had links to some technical information about the board - the Diamond Edge3D, as it was known.
smile.gif
[/b][/quote]

I've got a 1mbyte Diamond Edge card here, the Saturn joypad adapter board, and Virtua Fighter for the PC (Edge accelerated version), the chip has NV1 on it... what are they upto now? (NV30?)

I think it comes with DirectX 3 drivers, but I could be wrong... it works in Windows (2D) anyhow.

I can provide a photo if anyone is curious, it's just sitting in the cupboard.

You think it's worth anything, a bit of history or something?

Later

Alex

I have a Magic Box! One thing to be aware of, however is that it DOES NOT work with dance mats. I've tried a PSX and DC dance mat, and all it does is freak out. DO NOT get this adapter if you wanna use it for DDR.

Just a friendly heads-up.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Blitz kun@Mar 8, 2003 @ 07:10 PM

DO NOT get this adapter if you wanna use it for DDR.

Thanks for the pointer I guess its OK since I don´t plan on playing DDR how does the Saturn pad behave good reaction speed?

I have a converter called Total Control that lets me use my Saturn pads on my Dreamcast
smile.gif
. It also supports PS/PS2 pads and PC keyboards.

Back