Saturn country converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i have a programe called "sat covert" to change the region code on my saturn games. I have succesfully ripped and made a back up af a jap game so i know i'm creating them in the correct way but if i try and change the country code from Europe to jap using this programe, the saturn just tells me that the "disc is unusable in this system".

when patching the BIN file i open it up in the prog, select japan as the country and hit "patch" a message appears that says it is succesfull but it just wont work. (I am using a japanese white saturn by the way)

If i am doing something wrong or anyone has any suggestions please help as this is very frustrating!!!!

thanks in advance

gary

Ok well Satconv is usually a sterdy program, unlike scdconv. You said you are using a jap console trying to convert a european game to jap country code? I would check to make sure it is indeed a european disk first.

It should work. As Gallstaff says, Satconv is a reliable program.

Which version do you have and which game are you attempting to patch?

By the way, don't post a question in more than one Forum.

It won't get you any more help. If anything you might get less.

With Saturn, the previous country code doesn't matter. They all have the same amount of space reserved, and the one previously there just gets overwritten.

By the way, difficulties in converting Sega CD regions aren't really due to the quality of scdconv, they're due to the fact that converting Sega CD country codes involves overwriting and/or moving actual program code, which is fundamentally difficult to do automatically without breaking things.

Does the error message say "Disc unsuitable for this system." or "Game disc unsuitable for this system."? They indicate different problems.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">pixel vision</font> @ April 25 2002, 7:57 PM)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">Hi,

i have a programe called "sat covert" to change the region code on my saturn games. I have succesfully ripped and made a back up af a jap game so i know i'm creating them in the correct way but if i try and change the country code from Europe to jap using this programe, the saturn just tells me that the "disc is unusable in this system".

when patching the BIN file i open it up in the prog, select japan as the country and hit "patch" a message appears that says it is succesfull but it just wont work. (I am using a japanese white saturn by the way)

<font color=yellow>If i am doing something wrong or anyone has any suggestions please help as this is very frustrating!!!!</font>

thanks in advance

gary</font></td></tr></table>

If there are more than one region code in the header of your BIN file, try removing all but one as explained by the README.TXT files of both versions of the Saturn Country Code Changer:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">UncleBrak & Total Bastard Software</font> @ March 17 2002, 2:25 AM)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">This program only patches the first country in the header. Most of the time there is only

one country code in the header but if there is more than one it shoudlnt make a difference

to the programs operation. <font color=yellow>However linkle liver story apparently does so for patching that

game it is apparently advised to use the clear other country codes box</font> (I won't guarantee

this works because I haven't tried).</font></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr bgcolor="#333333"><td><font color="#FFFFFF">Quote (<font color="#FFFFFF">TyRaNiD</font> @ October 4 2000, 6:45 PM)</font></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#666666"><td><font color="#EEEEEE">This program only patches the first country in the header. Most of the time there is only

one country code in the header but if there is more than one it shoudlnt make a difference

to the programs operation. <font color=yellow>However linkle liver story apparently does so for patching that

game it is apparently advised to use the above -r command.</font></font></td></tr></table>

hi,

thanks for the responses! (i only posted in 2 forums because i saw the tech one afterwards and though that was a more appropiate section)

basiclly i have radiant SG that someone pal patched for me and i want to re-patch it to jap. Is this possible? or can it only be patched once?

sorry but im at wrk at the mo but i think it says "game disc not suitable"

pls help - having this game and not being able to play it is killin me!

thanks in advance

gary

You can patch it as many times as you want.
  • <font face=fixedsys>"Game disc unsuitable for this system"</font> means you have the wrong region code (i.e., import game detected).
  • <font face=fixedsys> "Disc unsuitable for this system"</font> means you don't have a valid Saturn game in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back