Saturn Dark Forces ?

I just stumbled on a review of DOS Dark Forces from Computer Player June 1995 (page 45) mentionning that the game would get ported to PSX and Saturn. While it did get a PSX port eventually I had never heard of a Saturn port, has anyone ever heard of such a thing ? It could be a real thing or it could just be extrapolation from the reviewer.
 
The Sega Saturn port is possible but will be very hard to do. Currently I have got a very buggy Doom level renderer running between 30-60FPS. I had to pull out all the stops, use AI and everything. The Sega Saturn VDP1 is extremely fast but VERY CPU limited.
 
The Sega Saturn port is possible but will be very hard to do. Currently I have got a very buggy Doom level renderer running between 30-60FPS. I had to pull out all the stops, use AI and everything. The Sega Saturn VDP1 is extremely fast but VERY CPU limited.
Well after seening what @N0rt0N85 can do using thr slave engine. I'm sure it possible if you know what your doing

 
Back
Top