Saturn dev kit

No idea, but that's a really cool find.
biggrin.gif

IIRC you need a special SCSI card to connect it to a PC. There may be some docs or tools on my site. Cool find nevertheless!

Never heard of an "orger board". It's some model of Adaptec's ISA SCSI cards, the hardware only supports this model because of poor SCSI implementation (or that's what I remember being told, I might be wrong).

Originally posted by PACHUKA@May 24, 2003 @ 07:06 PM

I picked this baby up at a local computer liquidator warehouse today. Anyone know how to use this beast?

http://www.sonic-cult.org/!trash/satdev2.jpg

It looks like the Sophia Systems Saturn Development Kit. There were special tools for it, although some of the Sega tools on the net should work, too, because Sophia Systems is said to have manufactured these boxes for some of the early developers after being approached by Sega. There ought to be a couple more pages about it, and AFAIK a HK based shop also sells the complete setup (including ISA). Anyway, it's a great find. You don't happen to have the MIDI box, too?
wink.gif

sorry about the incredible delay and bumping this from whereever it ended up, I'm not online very often.

anyways, the price you ask? This is where you're REALLY going to hate me.

$20

somone shoot me, am i dreaming?
blink.gif

blink.gif

blink.gif

blink.gif

blink.gif

dude, i wish i had money...oh god...
sad.gif

20$US
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif

Now tell me... who the hell sold you that!!! That shop's owner as probably been told that it was a very-old-ugly-outdated-saturn, and that nobody will ever buy it!
laugh.gif

That is only logical explanation I've come with
biggrin.gif

i guess the owner was high or something, god i wish the CEO of sega japan were so high they re-created a sega saturn especially for me.
damn.gif
blink.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
<_<

Well, the story is rather simple. It was just sitting in a computer liquidator warehouse with other various old and unwanted computer equipment. Luckily, I have an eye, and I caught it.

I've managed to boot it up, but I have no clue how to operate the SOB. I get a black signal to the TV, a light flashes and I hear the laser reading, but I don't know how to boot a game.

I found a guy who is selling a box of saturn cd-rs, but I'm not sure if they have a special burner. Not like it matters anymore in this day and age of system mods.

I really have no clue what it has and what it does other then the info provided on the outside. The only documents it came with was a postit describing the dipswitch settings for various countries. To be honest, this system has no value to me at all, so if someone is interested, give me a buzz. pachuka@mail.com

I'm interested. Read your mail. I will also want to know -forgot to put in the email- if you accept Paypal and how much is the weight of the unit.

You can ask Iceman2k if I'm a good buyer.

PACHUKA: your actually the third guy I read of having that problem... basically the Saturn reads the CD but doesn't execute the code because it's waiting for a SCSI signal from the PC. I believe there's some switch that can turn this waiting off... maybe if you could post some closeup pics of the DIP switches I might be able to help you with it...

I've messed with those dipswitches for hours. Nothing has come up.

I've actually rebuilt an old machine with hardware and software from that era, and I plan to use the saturn devkit software to boot the machine. If it doesn't, who knows.

As for paypal, I can't really deal with them, as they froze my account due to a bitchy ebayer who couldn't read the "condition" section of a sale (Selling a GBC with a dead speaker, but he didn't notice), as for the weight, this thing is about 40-50lbs.

Back